the Faithful and Discreet Slave

by Evanescence 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hmike
    hmike

This is interesting to me since I wondered about the F&DS too.

So how does one get to be annointed--theoretically and in actual practice? Is this status conferred by the group, or is there a revelation? Is it a reward for long, dedicated service--like a grand retirement?

Suppose some ambitious, energetic young JW convert decided, "I want to become annointed and be included in the F&DS body." What should he do (bring in lots of converts, work lots of extra service hours, bring in lots of $$$, marry the daughter of a GB member, kiss up to superiors, etc.)? Of course, avoid scandal, right? Or at least cover it up well.

• hmike
    hmike
    and should start to beat his fellow slaves

Don't they have a problem here? Anyone feel beaten?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    So how does one get to be annointed--theoretically and in actual practice?

There was a magnificent series of posts by "AMAZING" on this subject a couple of years ago.

Essentially the matter of "being anointed" comes down to this:

Roman 8 -

15 For YOU did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but YOU received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!” 16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ, provided we suffer together that we may also be glorified together.

It is very personal, according to WTS dogma. A person is selected by God and they know it.

What this breaks down to is that a person SAYS they are selected by God, and no one can say they aren't.

There are plenty of people in congregations around the world who claim to be anointed but who fail to manifest any of the "fruitage of the spirit." Still, they are not officially challenged on this. It is felt that if a person is knowingly making a false claim in this regard, he is accountable to God.

Being "anointed" brings no special priviledges, and in the JW mindset brings many obligations. The WTS teaches that the ministry is an obligation of the anointed, not an obligation of the earthly "other sheep." (This is seldom emphasised much when the congregation is looking to increse the numbers on their monthly report to HQ.)

Some of those who claim to be "anointed" are carried away by emotion. Some are neurotic or psychotic. Some genuinely believe that they have a special relationship with God.

Our friend AMAZING, mentioned above, was one of the latter. He was relatively "new in the truth" and young when he first felt he had this calling. Some took offense at his claim at first - one elderette said that if God was going to call anyone, He would call HER before he would call a person like AMAZING.

AMAZING's claim was also challenged by circuit servant - oddly enough, one who did not claim to be anointed himself. He subjected AMAZING to a little "test" to see for himself if AMAZING's claim was valid. AMAZING passed his test.

Years later, AMAZING outgrew the Watchtower Society and their delusional spiritual hierarchy, and he no longer claims to be anointed.

Bottom line is this: if you want to be "anointed," just say you are, and begin partaking at the annual Memorial.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I have heard a million times the FDS are directing the work and the GB are just “helpers”. Who else is buying that?

Well.........for ONE we know it wouldn't be Santa and his elves.........

although I have more faith in Santa than I do in the FDS at this point.

Annie

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I have heard a million times the FDS are directing the work and the GB are just “helpers”. Who else is buying that? Not to long ago, there was a thread about 2 anointed that were trying to be tracked down for a JC for apostasy. As I said, the FDS is only a façade.

They helped Ray Franz by showing him the door when he disagreed with them. lol

• Texas Flood
    Texas Flood

I always wanted to know what was so 'discreet' about these people. Do they get a kick out of "shedding new light at the proper time."

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

For a purely biblical discussion of who the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" is, see my thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/67457/1.ashx

• Honesty
    Honesty

One things for sure, they are not faithful or discreet but they do have about 6 million slaves under their control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit