JWs and the wolves in sheep's clothing

by greendawn 9 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

We correctly believe that the WTS is the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing they talk in a way that makes them appear to be genuinely interested in helping people spiritually (the sheep's clothing) but we then find that they are power intoxicated individuals whose real concern is to abuse and exploit the flock (the real wolf like rapacity)they throw out of the org members for trying to offer constructive criticism they put lots of onerous burdens on their members and do nothing practical to help them, they systematically lie and deceive.

How would you elaborate on this subject to prove to a person interested in the JWs that they are indeed devilish imposters.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It depends on the frame of mind this "interested person" has.

Are they at a particularly low, desperate point in their life? Then a promise-making (but not promise-keeping) group like the JW's have a message that may have an emotional appeal.

If the person is merely curious, then there is an abundance of information open to them on the internet or at the library which reveals the terrible price to be paid for submitting oneself to JW theology. (www.freeminds.org is an excellent starting point.)

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I think the biblical metaphor is defamatory against wolves everywhere: We are not bad creatures.

But I agree with you. As with any victimizer, they are like very hungry predators, and their "hunting" techniques are fairly refined.

edited to add: I think these persons are not only predators, but cannibals too. (in my mind, that is much worse)

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Society is a mean farm. They promote the nasty people to be leaders. In my congregation the really nice men were not involved in positions at all. I can think of one exception. The group leaders were mean.

The Watch Tower Society is fertile ground for abusive people to have access to people for them to abuse. Mean people never want to be alone. They need targets. The Witness people are trained to be "obedient", and "submissive". Think about it. . . Godly obedience . . . . Godly submission. Submit to authority.

The assemblies this summer have OBEDIENCE as the theme for ALL THREE DAYS!

What follows obedience? Submission! Does love need submission? Or obedience? Nope! Abuse needs submission, and submission needs obedience.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Don't forget, not only are they in wolve's clothing, but a special kind--polyester!!! And the look in their eyes is one of constipation! (full of shit)

shelley

• greendawn
    greendawn

Indeed it is always people of an inferior character that get promoted and the more wholesome characters get thrown to the background...even in the "truth", the case of Rutherford a very aggressive, vitriolic, bossy person that claimed sainthood for himself being the prime example.

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Greendawn;

The problem is that the basic JW publisher believes that it is "the TRUTH" 90% of the time. The other 10% have visited this site and know better :)

The basic JW published is not allowed to think [independant thinking is discouraged as it can lead to an apostate state of mind], they are in fact sheep [trust me sheep have a very trusting nature and are easily led]; wolves on the other hand are cunning and think quiet well, in this case the so called Governing body may well be the wolves.

• Dennis
    Dennis

Response to question:

It reads as fiction. Writes as fiction, or novel like. Requires better college course study to submit as believable.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes most of them are naive but for some the fact of having invested a lot in the org's ideas may tie them in, eg one who spent years pioneering will find it hard to accept that the end is not near and even more that the org he served for so long is a fake and that his efforts had been in vain.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    We correctly believe that the WTS is the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing they talk in a way that makes them appear to be genuinely interested in helping people spiritually

Yes, they are certainly very persuasive. The hurtful part is that the WTS has the slimy ability to make it appear that anyone else outside the "den" is then out to spiritually harm those who don't agree with them.

Once they have successfully convinced folks of this, then the heavy-duty tyranny sets in and the ravenous wolves (disclaimer---no insult to the wolves of the animal kingdom meant, as I LOVE wolves and always have) can devour their prey in a variety of ways.

Until the "prey" eventually realizes what the situation is, the "wolves" continue to enforce that they alone are what the sheep needs in order to survive. The irony of it ALL is that the many MANY scriptures that warn us about being misled by these masquerading sheep, that the WTS has had the ability to turn every one of these around to mean every other religion BUT theirs!

Now that we are able to think for ourselves, WE can see how these all apply TO the WTS and are not very favorable.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit