Article in Newspaper re local JW Disctrict Convention

by Netty 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Netty
    Netty

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/80177.php

Notice what it says about most members being under the age of 25. Also, it refers the conventions as being family events.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Thanks for the link Netty.

I guess Stephanie gets all the "fluffy" assignments?

W.

• Netty
    Netty
    guess Stephanie gets all the "fluffy" assignments?

Poor Stephanie! She did put some effort into the research though, the article was way longer than I expected it to be.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The public is invited to attend any of the three-day gatherings free of charge, although organizers stress the purpose is not to proselytize.
    The public might not appreciate the OBEY, OBEY, OBEY theme all three days.

I caught that 30% are under the age of 25. So they do have the congregations profiled by age. That doesn't sound like they are missing the next generation. It more sounds like they're missing the middle generation.

• Netty
    Netty
    I caught that 30% are under the age of 25. So they do have the congregations profiled by age. That doesn't sound like they are missing the next generation. It more sounds like they're missing the middle generation

Exactly, and I think that's who most of us on this board are, that middle generation.

• Swan
    Swan

The public is invited to attend any of the three-day gatherings free of charge, although organizers stress the purpose is not to proselytize.

She should had added, "but don't be alarmed if serious looking men in suits with walkie-talkies follow your every move."

Tammy

• Netty
    Netty
    but don't be alarmed if serious looking men in suits with walkie-talkies follow your every move

LOL! and no kidding.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Adherents believe each Witness should share God's word in the Bible, which is why they go door-to-door around the world offering biblical literature. They read a version of the Bible called the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, published by the corporation under which they work.

Funny how it says they all work for a corporation.

• Netty
    Netty

Hey I didnt catch that good one Mike!

Also, I didnt elaborate on the 30% being uder 25. It kind of goes to show you, what some here have said, alot of JW's, are not new converts, they are just the children of JW's.

• Panda
    Panda

OK so who are these under 25 year olds? Are they somebodies great grandkids? Because it seems to me that their parents and grand parents are leaving or inactive. The corporation will go on and on, just like every other money maker religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit