"Pay Attention to yourselves and to All the flock" on Ebay

by Panda 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Panda
    Panda

Someone just paid $50 for this brochure on Ebay!!!!! Why when you can get it for free on the internet? Please, enlighten me.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The thrill of holding the original item in your hands; welcome to the world of collectors. I pay 10s of $ for different issues of "Studies in the Scriptures" although all of them can be read on the Internet and printed out.

Holding a book in your hand or having it in the bookshelf, knowing it is 100 years old and more, or having a "Attention" with the history that must have followed the brochure - is something vastly different from reading sheets coming out from your printer ......

• greendawn
    greendawn

BTW if that is the secret elders guide, where is it to be found on the net?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Also,

Having a society bound hardcopy is much more convincing to a dub than an internet printout.

• rebel8
    rebel8

That is the name of the secret elders' manual. I believe it's a book, not a brochure. I'm surprised it didn't fetch a lot more than that. I would have paid more myself had I noticed the listing.

IF it is on the internet, it is in a secret location, not available unless someone gives you access, AFAIK.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    That is the name of the secret elders' manual. I believe it's a book, not a brochure.

It is a book now, but was originally published as a series of three brochures issued over a period of several years. I didn't see the auction being referenced here, but it sounds like it may have been for one of the brochures, which would probably explain why it only went for $50. The book itself should bring much more than that if it was in any kind of usable condition.

Another factor is that the brochures were reproduced by Witness, Inc. and copies sold for a while. So there is a possibility that the one being auctioned was one of those copies and not an original. I have a set of the Witness, Inc. copies, but have never had access to a set of originals so as to compare them and see whether it would be very difficult to tell an original from the copy.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

It feels so great to be able to say that I have the three brochures, that I also have the original, pre-brochures loose leaves, and that I managed to copy the book before I had to deliver it back, and therefore have a "complete set" of three different issues ....... feels just great!

• Robert_V_Frazier
    Robert_V_Frazier
    greendawn
    BTW if that is the secret elders guide, where is it to be found on the net?
    rebel8
    IF it is on the internet, it is in a secret location, not available unless someone gives you access, AFAIK.

You can read the complete text on two different websites now. That may change in time. Here are the URL's:

http://dbhome.dk/carlo/
    http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040321/SECRETBOOKS/604007

Robert V Frazier

• rebel8
    rebel8

I already have it, but thanks! I wasn't aware it was published to the public.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Is the book still in use?

I notice that the online copy is dated 1991.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit