Your Most Boring Job...

by misspeaches 20 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Ever worked in a job that literally bored you too tears.

My job prior to this used to do just that. Somehow I got relegated to the 'reports team'. Note that the team consisted of one person - myself. My job was to put data and statistics into Word Report Templates. I had a deadline to have this achieved by the first 5 working days of the month. The data got released on day one. By day 4 I was usually finished. The rest of the month I literally had nothing to do.

Some days I would sit at my desk in my office area and just cry for having nothing else to do. The boredom just about killed me. There was no one around so it didn't matter. Unfortunately I had no idea about JWD at the time or I could have spent time here reading and writing.

I ended up leaving a job that paid me $58000 for 5 days work a month to a job that pays $48000 with enough work to keep me going each day of the week.

I've never been so bored in all my life.

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

You should have worked to make this high paying job interesting.....

but I do strongly feel you need to work toward doing what you love.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Miss Peaches. I'd have to say the most boring of jobs that I ever held was working for Huffy Service First as a tech. I had no one over my head, I would just go to the area K-mart or whatever location I'd been given for the day and crank out building bicycles. I was often frustrated because the company felt that unless you built at least two bikes per hour, you weren't really cutting the mustard, as it were.

I am an unfortunate perfectionist and take a little more than the usual care when taking on any project. I felt better when I could be assured that the bike I was building was less likely to return because of poor workmanship, as there were always a flock of bicycles to repair from someone elses batch there in the storeroom. I usually got in my own way during that episode of my life.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Misspeaches, it sounds to me like you had the perfect job, wow, getting paid for doing nothing, I wish I could find a job like that.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Ellie and Misspeaches - most of my jobs have been doing very little. I often only have an hours work in a day and it can be mind numbingly boring trying to spin it oput. However the internet livens things up a bit and I use the spare time to write letters, stories and to do lists.

I am grateful that mostly my job is stress free, but it doesn't pay particularly well either. However changes in the office mean that I might have more work to do soon which I'm looking forward to.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    cleaning windows
  • doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Only Brits and Aussies can appreciate the boredom of working for the Public Service. I was told as a 16 yr old that I worked too hard and needed to slow down so as not to show up the others.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Oh tij don't say that please! My dad has been cleaning windows for the last 22 years and probably will continue to do so til he dies, which is awful. He's an intelligent lovely man who I love and I hope its not too awful for him.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

pioneering, and then I did not even get paid for it

• rebel8
    rebel8

My most boring job was retail. I would literally cry on my way to work because I knew I'd spend another 10 hrs standing on concrete with no one to talk to and nothing to do. Days would go by without a single customer. Helped push me to go to college.

And now that I have gone to college all the way up to finishing grad school, I now have a pretty boring job again. Fortunately, I'm able to sit all day and use the internet. I also get paid a lot more and have benefits, so it's a big improvement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit