• tijkmo
    tijkmo

anyone watching this...in uk or usa

it is really funny

but it just doesnt have the ricky gervais factor

which is a real shame

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I hate it so much. Its a hollow mockery of the original series.

GBL

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I meant to watch it as it was on last night on BBC3 but only remembered when it had finished. I rather fancy watching it as it has that guy out of the anchor man in it and he was the best thing in that film in my opinion. I probably wont watch it expecting it to be like the brit version though.

• Simon
    Simon

I doubt it will match the original ... Ricky Gervais pretty much made it - I expect it will be like the sanitised "Man Behaving Badly" (all the funny bits removed for PC reasons)

• JV
    JV

Pale imitation of the original, Ricky Gervais made the british version, i'm anxiously awaiting his new series " Extras "

• Jourles
    Jourles

Most everyone thinks that Ricky made the show. I agree to some extent, but I have to go even further and state that the entire cast was perfectly picked. Ricky was a little over the top at times and it took another cast member to tone down the scene to a more "realistic" setting. Plus, it seemed that the other employees were just your normal everyday joes. You could actually see them working at a paper company. No one had that special "movie star" quality about them. I think that is what made the show so special to me.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

there is no doubt that it isnt as funny

but it is still funny and excruciatingly embarrassing

and not pc censored as far as i could tell

still early days but i will be giving it a chance

• Simon
    Simon

I do love the original, esp. the XMas special when they tied up all the lose ends (the 'love story, awe ...) and showed that he wasn't really that bad.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Not having cable television, I have no clue what TV shows are current in GB or the US. I am still watching reruns of Thermo Man, As Time Goes By and Keeping Up Appearances. I like all of them. Andy laughs a lot while watching Thermo Man. I think I enjoy watching him get the humor in it more than I do watching it.

GBL and TIJKMO, are you fellas trying to start a trend with those avatars? Mostly naked guys shaving? Ohhhhhh, on second look, you are holding cameras? I wonder if this is going to catch on.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I watch the US show but it is not very good. The second banana comes off as a creep instead of a comedic pompass ass. The main character is mean, vindictive and not funny at all.

The only characters who get their parts right, the woman playing the secretary to the boss and the salesman who is in love with her but is afraid to tell her. They are very good. Everyone and everything else on the US version is horrible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit