For those who think they know everything

by free2beme 19 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

For those of you who just thought you knew everything, here's a refresher course...............

The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.

No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven (7) times.

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty (50) years of age or older.

The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one (1) olive from each salad served in first-class.

Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
    (Since Venus is normally associated with women what does this tell you!)

Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.

So did the first "MarlboroMan."

Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

Pearls melt in vinegar.

The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.

It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. (I keep my toothbrush in the living room now!)

Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first U.S. president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal." The second ?
    William Jefferson Clinton (Please don't tell me you're SURPRISED!?!!)

And the best for last.....

Turtles can breathe through their butts.
    (I know some people like that; don't YOU?)

>Now you know everything there is to know. Of importance, that is !!!

• Frog
    Frog

there's some pretty quirky "general" knowledge stuff in there lol!...thanks for that, I will now have to find an opportunity to drop a few of em' into one of the many highgly insightful conversations I engage in per day;) frog

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Turtles can breathe through their butts.

I take it you mean inhaling as well as exhaling.... coool.....

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Hire a teenager while they still know everything.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Great humour but the toothbrush you could store in a cupboard in the bathroom it's still protected from airborne problems.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.

Uh-huh. Did you get this stuff from old Golden Age magazines?

• Undecided
    Undecided

I have an oak tree that produces acorns and it is less than 50 years old. Some years there are only a few, other years it floods the yard.

Ken P.

I just Googled and it said 20 years.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Some comments:

The planet Uranus also rotates clockwise, and the rotation of planet Sedna is not clear at this time. (By the way, the Earth has three natural moons.)

Walt Disney, before he set out on his own, worked for another studio as a cartoonist. His speciality was "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit". Disney managed to catch and tame a mouse at work, named it Mortimer, and would feed it scraps concealed in his desk. When he started his own studio, his first idea was to name it's protagonist mouse character after his clandestine pet, but his wife convinced him to use the name "Mickey" instead. Incidentially, the early Mickey looked exactly like Oswald except for the ears.

Any acidic solution will dissolve pearls along with just about any other calcium based material, given enough time. Carbolic acid (cola) vs. dentin (teeth) gives a similar result.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

NOW we know everything.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT URANUS.

BUT MY ANUS "DOES NOT ROTATE"

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit