“We don’t even want to be in the company of unbelieving men or women.”

by frogit 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frogit
    frogit

So said the Watchtower July 15 2005pages 8,9,! This article is about “Single and Contented in Jehovah’s service”.

The quote (“We don’t even want to be in the company of unbelieving men or women.”) is reinforced by the WTs words: “Such Christians are to be commended for applying Bible counsel and maintaining high moral standards so as to please Jehovah despite any emotional distress they may experience.”

Granted this article is about singleness, but notice how clever (cultish) the WT is, on even having “worldly” friends… its wrong. Now I’m out of this religion and being shunned by many so called friends (I’m not DFd or DAd yet, fading slowly) I now am getting to know and understand how wicked and wrong this cult is, It’s so controlling for It’s members.

I showed this article to my “worldly girlfriend, and you know what? It made her so angry that good people are so controlled by a religion, she had not fully understood about the feelings (hammered into my mind for decades), and control the WT had on me (and still does to some extent).

I feel so sorry for the lonely (single) people who are still trapped by this religion, with it’s false promises, and controlling hold it’s on people.

frogit

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I really feel sorry for them too frogit. In my old hall there were so many young married couples it was stupid, and they all pretty much hung out with each other exclusively. If you didnt choose to give up your life at 18 and get married you were pretty much SOL. The mentality is so cultish that these same insanely young married couples would poke fun at some of the singles for not being married. Such a funny little community.

GBL

• minimus
    minimus

PHEW!!! Can you say CULT?????????

• greendawn
    greendawn

“We don’t even want to be in the company of unbelieving men or women.” that explains it all, they forget that many of these unbelieving individuals have done a lot of beneficial things for the JWs, constitutional rights, doctors, policemen, soldiers etc

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

they gotta reinforce the isolation of its members.

• Honesty
    Honesty

What a bunch of freaked out people.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

You are in a tough middle ground Frogit. Realising that your friendships in jw land were all conditional (and now gone) and starting fresh in making new pals. Been there mate, so I understand. Good luck.

As far as single jws, I am beyond sympathy. It's ironic but when I left I was tarred with the dirty immoral sex brush but am actually far more moral than I ever was as a jw

• Netty
    Netty
    she had not fully understood about the feelings (hammered into my mind for decades), and control the WT had on me (and still does to some extent).

You know what, this is exactly the same reaction my hubby has when he hears alot of the ridiculous b.s. I had hammered into my skull, it is just unbelievable to them.

And yea, I was one of those lonely jw people you are talking about. That is one of, the big reasons I aint a jw no more. Course there are plenty of other great reasons, but that sure was a big one.

• luna2
    luna2

That's okay...I don't want to be in their company either. LOL

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I welcome this sort of stupidity. How much can longer can the JW's who have an ounce of sanity left, enough to realize that the Watchtower's Wordly Person™ bogeyman doesn't fit reality, keep letting the WTS fucking pee on them with articles like this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit