How many of you are childfree by choice?

by rebel8 103 Replies latest social relationships

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    ...I am told that parts of my house look like it is from a catalogue!

Would that be the lingerie or Black and Decker section?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Better Mobile Homes and Trailers......

LOL (sorry I couldn't resist teasing Brooke)

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Just like most things, I take this on an individual basis: Some kids I like, and others I wish their parents would have been struck by lightning. I like kids who are kids, generally well behaved but can have fun and let loose. I love my nephews. My sister, I could sometimes live without, but such is life.

I think alot of what people don't like about kids is bad parenting. Kids screaming and misbehaving in public, that is the parent's idocy. Leave them home, the rest of us don't need the birth control lesson.

I am not too thrilled with cleaning up puke or poo, but sitting on the couch whatching Sponge Bob or DBZ with a blanket and snack with little bodies all over makes me cluck like a chicken. Jokes aside, I don't compromise myself like MJ, that si just stupid and asking for trouble.

If you've heard my Mrs. Doubtfire impression, that is pretty much it.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Would that be the lingerie or Black and Decker section?

Little Toe: What ever you want it to be!

Evilforce: I am not trailer trash! I prefer the term....On the Go Home! lol.... I accept your sarcastic remarks..I need a tissue!

Brooke

• kj
    kj

I can totally agree with people who wish others would mind their own business about whether or not to have children. Almost as bad as "When are you going to have a baby?" is "When are you going to have another baby?" It seems no one is happy with you if you just want to have one. I love my little guy to death, and he was planned, but I can think of a lot of reasons not to have more. Reasons that are nobody else's business.

kj

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

Guess I was always a rebel. I wanted a child even though my husband didn't. He made an appointment to be sterolized and I made sure there was an "accident".

We are divourced now.

I am happy with my choices. I have had the priviledge to raise a beautiful, talented, "looks just like me" daughter, just like I wanted. Yes, it was hard work, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy.

But I do support a woman's eight to choose. I chose to have my daughter and I am very glad she is here.

• Odrade
    Odrade

EvilForce is badmouthing IKEA! Get a rope!

• misguided
    misguided

6 kids

single mom

dodge mini-van

suburban home, yard work, maintenance

work, paper routes every morning, school functions, social functions, etc

a minimum of 3 loads of laundry a day

groceries to buy

endless meals to prepare

no child support

Why would anyone in their right mind want my life?

Yet, I'm amazingly content. I have a sense of purpose in my life. I work hard. I see rewards for my hard work. There are ups, and there are downs. I see them developing their talents, their indiviuality, their strengths, their weaknesess. I feel proud. I feel loved. I feel so very special when they want me to be around. I enjoy their company. It's an amazing experience.

Do I feel guilty for overpopulating the planet? Sometimes. But then I think - which one(s) would I choose not to have had? Do I respect those who make a different choice? Absolutely. Sometimes I wish I were them. It's a huge responsibility. It's work that's never complete.

Today, I'm exhausted, but fulfilled. Did I feel that way 10 years ago? NO! I would never want to do it over again. Will I still feel this way in the future? Hopefully. For me, today, I'm glad I took the risk. But, for those of you who choose not to have children, I can honestly say, I think it's a respectable choice.

Rose (of the glad I did, but wish I didn't class)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am sure that I am here because of a busted condom. Mum says she couldn't have any more kids, but I found a used condom in the bed containing my potential brothers and sisters. Armageddon was coming soon and I am sure that is the real reason why I am an only child.

I regret having the chop when I only had two kids. That was a result of the same cult mentality as my parents. The only reason I had my kids was that I was weak in the faith at the time. Thank Dog I was. I love my kids and my grandkids and wish there were more of them.

Just my .02 worth

Chris

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You guys have IKEA?
    Wow, the quality of your goods has just gone upmarket

Another fine produce, brought to you by a favourite European store...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit