Where can I read the history of the WTBS? Russell, Rutheford, etc....

by Buck 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Buck
    Buck

Is there an authorized book? Is there a website that has really good, accurate info. Iam not looking for something that just smears the history. I just want accuracy. But also one that does not cover up any errors or changes in doctrine.

Thanks

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

"Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz.

GBL

• minimus
    minimus

The Bible Students and the Dawn Ministries have web sites that show the real truth of the WBTS.

• blondie
    blondie

James Penton has several books out and Edmund Gruss

Apocalypse Delayed: The Story of Jehovah's Witnessesby M. James Penton

Jehovah's Witnesses: Their Claims, Doctrinal Changes and Prophetic Speculation - by Edmond C. Gruss

• IT Support
    IT Support

Apocalypse Delayed: Story of Jehovah's Witnesses by Dr James M. Penton

Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich: Sectarian Politics Under Persecution by Dr James M. Penton

• garybuss
  • kwintestal
    kwintestal

Apocolypse Delayed is definately what you want to read.

Kwin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

If you're looking for an "authorised" book though, you'll only find the "Proclaimers" book as being authorised however it is very one-sided, pro-JW and hides a lot.

Kwin

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I agree with the above posts. "Apocalypse Delayed" is the definitive book on JW history - written by a university professor, it is objective, honest, authoritative, and doesn't pull any punches.

• Mary
    Mary

Where can I read the history of the WTBS?

Certainly not throught the WTB&TS, that's for sure. I would recommend reading Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz, or Apocalypse Delayed by James Penton.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit