Exploitation of brothers & sisters

by LouBelle 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

The GB are control freaks and anything they can do to belittle people and make them suffer for the sake of the so-called kingdumb makes them feel powerful. I know children who receive a $40 allowance every week. And here they have grown people living in poverty while providing free labor to produce books and mags that will be sold worldwide and caring for the grounds and staff including the high-and-mighty GB . How can they say this is not a cult? R&F JW'S will do ANYTHING THEY SAY - NO MATTER HOW F'ING RIDICULOUS IT IS!!!

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

it is prison that makes me mad, my family were in it for years before it made them ill!

and my 17 year old cousin just married a much older man and is going straigfht into bethel (the guy was there already) apparently they dont usually take people that young but she was taught from home and pioneered since 12 so i guess there making an exception.

makes me mad tho imagine spending your first part of married life ironing 500 mens shirts (its bad enough with just one to keep up to!)

• defd
    defd

Is it because they volunteer for this???? But even still - suerly there is a minimum wage or salary that they should get that is livable?

Your right and that is the point! No one puts a gun to there head and make them go. Its volunteer only. Anyway that is in line with scriptures. Jesus said you received free you give free! And again it says that God LOVES a cheerful GIVER. Never forget that!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes. They are heavy duty into exploiting people, all the while making you feel you should be grateful for being exploited.

I always used to hear them say from the platform about how we should show hospitality. In other words, invite the freeloaders over your house. But what got me was that there were elders who NEVER showed hospitality.

I am convinced they had no use for anybody who didn't allow themselves to be used and abused.

• Odrade
    Odrade
    They even teach you how to brush your teeth properly without messing up the mirror and sink.

Can they teach you how to crack up when reading JWD without spitting anything on the computer screen? ROTFL!!! Funniest thing I read all day!

• Netty
    Netty
    They even teach you how to brush your teeth properly without messing up the mirror and sink

Do they teach you how to wipe your A$$ when you go to the bathroom too??? Shish, talk about your control!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Talk about infringing on ones' rights.

The more I learn the more I'm so shocked and it amazes me how, even I was like a drone bee. It also peeves me that there is sweet blow all I can do about it.

• JW83
    JW83

Jesus said you received free you give free!

Bethelites are people working mostly in publishing factories & support offices, right? So where is the money going?!

• cypher50
    cypher50
    I was reading in Crisis of Conscience that @ bethel they were getting paid $14 - I'm sure it's gone up since then but it blows my mind that these people give so much, are expected to function normally at the end of an 8 1/2 hour day, still go to all meetings, fieldies, preparation, whatever other bethel service they had to do.

When I left the Watchtower Farms area in 1998, the stipend at that time was $90/month. At the time, I actually believed that it was very noble to dedicate your life to "assist in spreading the good news"...now, Bethel brothers do get a lot of services at discount but looking back I can see that it was a burden for them in the sense that they didn't have a life outside of the organization: with just enough money to operate for field service & meetings, they didn't have discretionary money to spend on simple things like CDs, movies, magazines, and etc. I remember Bethel brothers loved hanging out with us teens because we had things like Playstation...sad, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit