Governing Body and rank and file liabilities

by greendawn 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Flash
    Flash
    Do you think this is a valid opinion especially when it comes to the elders and circuit/district overseers who willingly enforce the GB's often criminal policies?

Yes...and no. In Luke 12: 46-48, Jesus said some will die, some be beaten with many strokes and some will be beaten with few, all based on their level of understanding of their error in not obeying Him. I'm sure this applies to the RF as well as the GB...IMO

Welcome Heart of Man

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

I'd have to give you a yes and no as well.

I think they're similar to young Waffen SS troopers who were programmed in the Hitler Youth, but every thinking person has to evaluate their actions and the results they have on others.

W.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Three of us with the hitler analogy. Its very close isnt it? Lots of cowards, lots of culpable people, none of it could have happened without the sheer numbers of people all co-operating, but very hard to pin anything on any individual.

• steve2
    steve2

If I can paraphrase something I recently heard (in a different context): 'Monsters need little "monsterettes" to keep doing their monsterly things; monsters seldom operate alone.'

That is, there are no "pure" monsters and/or victims (children being exceptions, I'd say); each in their own way needs and supports the other. If I am drawn to or attracted to a religion that punishes free thinking, I am showing that this kind of approach to life kind of suits me. I may later complain about it, but the fact remains there was something in that arrangement that "suited" me at the time.

S2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit