Governing Body and rank and file liabilities

by greendawn 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• greendawn
    greendawn

I get the impression that generally the rank and file JWs are to be thought of as victims whereas the governing body are the real and only villains in this organisation.

Do you think this is a valid opinion especially when it comes to the elders and circuit/district overseers who willingly enforce the GB's often criminal policies?

• Forscher
    Forscher

In some cases I might think so. But I've met plenty of elders in my time who are just as bad as the folks at the top.

• homesteader
    homesteader

my sentiments exactly....one elder in a congregation was so stern everyone called him the gestapo. he imposed things all on his own. control freak. we are all adults with a free will. God bless the innocent children though.

• garybuss
    garybuss
    Do you think this is a valid opinion . . . ?

Absolutely positively not for me! All my problem is with the Witness people. The Watch Tower is just a book company.

• geevee
    geevee

Initially, one might think so, but so many JW's have a mind set that also keeps the whole thing going. How is a person who has a slightly different point of view treated by the rank and file?

Yes, they are taught this through peer pressure [brainwashing], but this attitude keeps it going, so that whatever policies the GB bring in Elders etc will enforce it as the R & F publishers expect them to do so.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

All members subscribe to its teachings and therefore endorse everything about it. They are the same ones, given the legal go-ahead, who would instead hurl literal stones at those whom they presently shun. I was just as guilty in my 21 year obeisance to the ORG. I hope my two sons finally wake up.

• heart of man
    heart of man

Dear freinds many of us are victims,but we must remember many of these men are victims too but don't know it !

They have been brainwashed too.we must not judge.Many of you all may hate what Im wrighting,but

when these thing come to light to all we must show love.Because love conquers all!

• luna2
    luna2

I'm having a hard time formulating an answer to this, but here goes.

I think so many of us bought into this utopian dream world and wanted it to be true so damn badly that it took a lot of years, a lot of disappointment, a lot of unhappiness, and a lot of cognitive dissonance (I love that term) to finally wake up and see that it's a sham.

Some will never wake up...they don't want to. They will stay nestled in the cozy little mindset that they are Jah's people and in line for extra special treatment if only they can hang on until the "end", doing everything the GB tells them to...whether its dying from refusing a blood transfusion to cruely shunning friends and relatives who are ejected. The illusion is more important than reality for them, and they will strike out viciously if you try to burst their bubble. Reason and proof have no meaning in their lives because they choose the fantasy...no matter what.

It's hard for me to believe that some throughout the borg, from the top down, aren't fully aware that its all a con. How can they see some of the behind the scenes crap that they do and not know it's all a lie? How can they make policies to hide pedophiles within the congregations and truly believe that they are working for "God's" organization here on earth? It would be great if there was actually a place of torment waiting for people like this.

So, who gets the blame? Seems like there's plenty to go around at all levels, but ultimately (imo), the lion's share falls on those who claim a special relationship with Jesus...those who say they are Jehovah's channel on the earth or who work closely with these chosen ones. With great power comes great responsibility.

• gumby
    gumby
    the governing body are the real and only villains in this organisation.

They are the villians......and every other ranking dub who knows it's all bullshit yet continues promoting it's views is a villian. Those who truely believe it......and aren't buttholes, I do not see as a villian.....just fooled.

Gumby

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Thing is the JW's are so blinkered by the GB that how can they not believe?? JW's have an answer for everything, and if they dont then you "just have to put your faith in Jehovah". I grew up in the 'truth' and I honestly believed everything I was told. Im certain there were many many like me.

I can understand that there are some elders who abuse their authority, and are quick to implement their own view of things upon the cong. This is wrong in itself, but the way the GB have conducted themselves in 'secret'- NGO, Mexico/Malawi, child abuse cases (question- why were they so re-active to that? As opposed to pro-active? If they really had Jehovahs blessing- then WHY did they get this so so wrong??) is despicable. They are the true villains.

I just cant believe how this site has helped me open my eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit