HAHA TAKE THAT U OZZIES

by tijkmo 377 Replies latest social entertainment

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Sorry Englishman.

The Aussies have left the building. Please leave by the nearest available exit.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I'm not sure that a thread has ever had this many union Jacks on it before.

Not a Star Spangled Banner in site!

Maybe they're in the middle of a "World Series"

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

World Series"

World series my Arse!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I'd love to hear of an american really into cricket!!! Does one exist???

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

dont think there is paul

but there are some well known cider drinkers called graeme smith and sanath jayasuriya

haha who cares so long as the ozzies get beat

(hope the ozzies dont think we're not being humourous in our baiting)

i remember being at an england/pakistan 1 day international a few years back..in the days of botham..lamb..etc....and on the way home after england had thrashed them we were on the tube at rush hour time

sitting across from me were some pakistan fans all dressed in green and with their flags and hats etc...and opposite them was a woman who was on her way home from the office dressed in a business suit.......so this pakistani man says to her...well we won today...she looked at him puzzled obviously having some knowledge of the result..and said ..no i dont think you did...yeah he said we did we won...no she said england won..yeah he said thats right...i was born here i've lived here for 25 years when are you people going to accept me

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Good story Ian.

Im not too hot on Cricket...England play in green then i presume.Did ya get my Pm the other day old Chap?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm sure you'll tell us its just a little 'blip' but 2 balls into the match before the first wicket falls is rarely a good sign

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

and now they are 57-3

hey little toe

the whiskey drinkers beat the cider drinkers that beat the castlemain xxxx drinkers yesterday..(does that make them world champions?)(and just look at all that home grown kilt wearing sporran clutchin skean dhu hiding talent on display)

btw what do bangledeshis drink

Somerset v Scotland

Click here for scorecard

Scotland recorded their second totesport League victory of the season by 15 runs as Somerset suffered a backlash from their win over Australia.

Jon Beukes top-scored with 92 off 113 balls as the Saltires made 232 for six from their 45 overs at Taunton.

Cedric English (40) and Yasir Arafat (32 not out) lent valuable support, while Simon Francis claimed two wickets for 37 runs from nine overs.

Somerset looked on course at 158 for three when skipper Graeme Smith (74) was run out in a mix-up with James Hildreth (49).

From then on the required run-rate built and some some tight bowling at the death from Yasir Arafat (three for 33) and Paul Hoffman (two for 41) left the county embarrassed.

Scotland only needed to take nine wickets because Somerset batsman John Francis had been taken to hospital after being hit on the temple by a throw from team-mate Matt Wood during the Saltires' innings.

Francis was released after an X-ray and scan, but took no further part in the match.

Somerset looked to be carrying on where they left off against Australia when reducing the Scots to 84 for four after winning the toss.

Francis produced a lively opening spell, sending back openers Russell Watson and Fraser Watts cheaply.

But left-hander Beukes rode his luck to build an impressive innings, adding 91 for the fifth wicket with English in 15 overs to put the visitors back in the game.

The South African reached his half-century in 81 balls, with two fours and two sixes, and looked set for a century when aiming a big shot across the line to Ian Blackwell and losing his middle-stump.

English fell with the total on 219, but Arafat ensured the momentum was maintained with a breezy 20-ball innings which featured two fours and two sixes.

The eventual total did not look enough but Scotland fielded as though their lives depended on it and Somerset's late order was not up to the task.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm astounded. I didn't even realise we had a cricket team - LOL

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oops!

Gilchrist, Ponting out cheaply against Bangladesh

8:27 PM June 18

Australia has been rocked by the loss of the wickets of Adam Gilchrist and Ricky Ponting early in the Tri-Series one-day international against Bangladesh at Sophia Gardens in Cardiff.

Gilchrist was out in the first over and Ponting shortly afterwards to leave Australia, already reeling after consecutive losses on tour in the past week, at 2 for 9.

Earlier Australian captain Ricky Ponting won the toss and elected to bat.

The world champions made three changes from the side beaten by four wickets with nine balls to spare by Somerset at Taunton on Thursday morning (AEST).

First choice wicket-keeper Gilchrist replaced Brad Haddin, spinner Brad Hogg came in for all-rounder Shane Watson and pace bowler Jason Gillespie came in for the Brett Lee who has a shoulder injury.

Andrew Symonds, who was due to play, withdrew before the match began with what was described as a "niggling injury".

However, Symonds is expected to be fit to face England at Bristol on Sunday.

Bangladesh made one change to the side beaten by 10 wickets by England in the series opener at The Oval with Tapash Baisya replacing Khaled Mahumud, whose three overs against the hosts cost 39 runs.

Teams

Australia: Adam Gilchrist (wkt), Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting (capt), Damien Martyn, Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey, Simon Katich, Brad Hogg, Jason Gillespie, Michael Kasprowicz, Glenn McGrath.

Bangladesh: Javed Omar, Nafees Iqbal, Mohammad Ashraful, Habibul Bashar (capt), Tushar Imran, Aftab Ahmed, Khaled Mashud (wkt), Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafe Mortaza, Tapash Baisya, Nazmul Hossain.

-AFP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit