HAHA TAKE THAT U OZZIES

by tijkmo 377 Replies latest social entertainment

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi Tij

I'm surprised that the ossies didn't ressurect this thread after all the grief we gave them the other summer!

Shhhhhhhh! Don't let them hear, but I was thinking exactly that about the world cup! Scots or The Netherlands

Pub

• needproof
    needproof

It would not surprise me to see us beaten by the Irish or some other low team, Zimbabwe perhaps, during the world cup. I believe South Africa will win it.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi Needproof.

Can't tell if the "us" you refer to is England or the Ozzies.

Just so we know which side you're on

Pub

• needproof
    needproof

England, of course! With Monty in the side, can we really fail?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

ha the ozzies did try to get get a thread going about their victories this summer

i think it maxed out at about 2 pages

..and i think it was really nice of paul nixon to give glen mcgrath a wicket on his very last ball in international cricket in oz

dont think any ozzy would have done the same for an english retiree

and didnt it just show nixon's confidence that it was actually going to be glens last ball

• ozziepost
  • Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi Ozzie!

The archeology thread is on page 672

• needproof
    needproof

Well, in all seriousness, the Aussie side with Warne and co were the best the world has ever seen. By far greater than the West Indies side of the 80's and 90's with Courtney Walsh. The 5-0 Ashes whitewash was their crowning glory.

That being said, England would surely have given Oz a greater fight with Panesar and Read in the team instead of The King of Spain and Geraint 'don't drop it' Jones. By the third test, it was too late. We could have won the second test if Fletcher had not allowed the old pals act the nominate each other in the side.

For me Ricky Ponting is the man of the series, there is no better batsman around than him. KP is not in the same league, but he could be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit