HAHA TAKE THAT U OZZIES

by tijkmo 377 Replies latest social entertainment

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Its looking pretty unlikely now for Australia. If we are brutally honest, there is no way they can come back in the time they have left- England have won the ashes!

• ballistic
    ballistic

It looks pretty much that way.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Now the crowd are singing to the Aussies "Are you Scotland in disguise?". It doesn't get any better.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

they're ours

hard luck ozzies...well played all

• City Fan
    City Fan

The best team in the world...

alt

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

wow...I can't believe it's over...what a summer

congrats, pommie b*st*rds

thanks, everyone, for teaching me about cricket (max divergent, w h e r e a r e y o u ?)

whatcha gonna think up to keep us going through the winter, tij? we're gonna need a new thread ya know...

~Merry

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Its all quiet from our Aussie friends....

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i noticed that too paul...

no congrats or nothing...how sad is that

their team and commentators didnt behave that way

• Simon
    Simon

Both teams played fantastic cricket and it could have gone either way.

Shane Warne was a real sportsman congratulating Pieterson on his batting in the final test.

Still, while we did well winning I wonder whether we could dominate the sport for 18 years like Australia did? We seem to snatch odd victories in lots of sports from time to time ... we find it harder to make winning a "habit" like some teams do!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

England edge closer to number 1 ranking 8:29 AM September 14

England has closed the gap on Australia in the world cricket rankings following their Ashes series win over the world champions.

Second ranked England are now eight points behind the Australians, who fell six points after their 2-1 series defeat.

England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff has risen to seventh in the bowling rankings, while Matthew Hoggard is 10th.

Australian paceman Glenn McGrath remains the world's top bowler, while Shane Warne's 40 Ashes wickets have lifted the champion leg spinner to third place.

Australian captain Ricky Ponting is fifth in the batting rankings with England's Marcus Trescothick seventh and Andrew Strauss 10th.

Out-of-form Australian batsmen Damien Martyn and Adam Gilchrist both dropped out of the top 10.Source: ABC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit