What Can You Do To Hurt Jehovah's Witnesses The Most???

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

To this I would respond that the best way to do damage to the WTS is to provide JW's the knowledge of what resourses are available to them to research the WTS doctrines themselves. I always wanted to research about the WTS, but had no idea where to start. Finally, I read a newspaper that suggested the book, Apocolypse Delayed, which I read which in turn suggested I read Crisis of Concience, which I read and which suggested I read Gentile Times Reconsidered which I read. I was out after the first book, but had I not read in the newspaper where to start, I wouldn't be where I am now.

Kwin

• minimus
    minimus

Yes Google, I meant JWs as in the organization.

• Terry
    Terry

Only one thing (I know of) works.

Live a better life than they do.

Let them observe you (they are fascinated by apostates) having a better existence than the Great Tribulation suffering they expect to see.

Don't show them your angry side; let them see the joy of life that now flourishes in you.

Smile and reflect the FREEDOM that comes from making your own decisions.

Remember: JW's think that as soon as you leave "the Truth" you start smoking, drinking, taking drugs, having indiscriminate sex, using foul language, and dropping off the moral map.

A better life is the best revenge.

• minimus
    minimus

But Terry, smoking, drinking, taking drugs, having indiscriminate sex, using foul language and being immoral is fun.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Who? Jehovah's Witnesses? What are they when they're at home?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think the way to hurt the Witness people the MOST is to just let them stay Witnesses. That's about as bad an outcome to a life as I can think of.

• minimus
    minimus

Gary, lately your comments have made me chuckle more than before!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Min, that's because I'm posting more.

We are having rainy weather here in Dakota.

• minimus
    minimus

Gary, I just see your humor a little more. Dry, but your zings are right on!

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    People stay in the religion quite often because "they have no other place to go". Same reason some people never move out of a house.

Exactly! 'They are comfortable in their own uncomfortableness'.

Furthermore any doubts that may creep into their mind (meaning when they exactly experience thinking for themselves), they are told it is demons getting into their head. I used to think that, I could actually see things more clearly the further I moved away from it. It's like looking at a picture, you can't really see it if your nose is right in it, but if you step back far enough you can see the whole picture. The challenge is getting them to step back far enough without them fearing a fall. Good luck! Atleast some of your family is thinking more clearly unfortunately my parents and my sister are still in, and there comes a time when you just have to accept that they may never change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit