UPDATE: My Time Cameth & Wenteth

by LouBelle 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

On Friday I let you guys know that my final JC was happening on sunday. THANKS so much for all the comments and well wishes. I was nervous before I went - and though I've given up the faith I haven't given up my belief in God and his direction.

Two of the three elders have seen me grow up - I was born in the truth. A bit about me, I can get emotional, not in the hystirical way, but I have a soft-ish kinda heart and have deep empathy and feel deep emotion. So in previous JC cases I'd cry and I'd give them ground and say sorry, I'll give it another go. I was afraid that they were going to wear me down.

I did nothing strange or bizaar - I let them speak, I let them put God & the organisation on par. They said I'm an apostate - they said I was turning my back on the organisation & God.The times I did speak I said that I didn't fall under their law, or the organisations law, but answered to a spiritual law,I actually have got to know this Jehovah we spoke so much about but didn't know. . That the 14 men or however many there were didn't know what was best for ME!!!!! I said I couldn't stay at a place that was "feeding" correct spiritual food.

Many times I just smiled at them. They did try to get me to say I didn't want to be a JW but I never did - i just kept saying I couldn't come a place that I couldn't trust.

As I turned and walked away from the kingdom hall for the very final time - a voice inside said "remember Lots' wife - keep on walking - don't look back" Each step felt like forever yet at the same time I knew it was over.

When I got out of the gates - I cried - not a lot - just a few tears, got into the car, said to my "it's finished"

They will phone me on Thursday just to let me know that they announced. I kept my dignity, I stood firm, and let them know that it's worth even my family to get away from them. For that I cannot be sorry.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Congrats for keeping up your dignity versus an org that doesn't have any christian love or compassion for its members and manipulates the "truth" to its own ends, I am sure you will not be missing them or their FDS.

• yesidid
    yesidid

And you did very, very welleth.

Proud of you.

yesidid

• JW83
    JW83

((hugs)) - good on you! And congrats for being well rid of that nasty organisation!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Congrats, LouBelle

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well done for keeping your dignity

they battered mine out of me

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Well loubelle, you are amazing. I get pretty emotinal too in a soggy sweet sort of way so I know how hard it must have been for you to stand firm. I think that just shows how strongly you felt about things.

You are better person without them, but they have lost a genuine lover of God. Just shows how rubbish they are at looking after the sheep in their care.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

well done on being so strong, what are they actualy goin to announce that u are dfed or daed?

how have your family been? that is prob the thing you will need youre strength for, i got dfed a couple of months ago and the shunning by my family has been so hard! my dad is rhe onky one who will have contact and i let him think i am going back, and now i really dont know what to do!

but your story has helped me, im the same age as you but somehow still live to please my family not myself, sad is tisnt it whats your secret?

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

I am so pleased for you Loubelle! That took enormous strength and courage on your part, hopefully others in the same situation will be able to be inspired by your example.

FF

• mad max
    mad max

To my daughter Loubelle.

i love you very much, it took courage and strength that you only got from Christ in you.

I thank the Lord that both you and myself can enjoy fellowship together, even though the rest of the family shunn you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit