Has the Watchtower set the date 2034?

by VM44 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

The year 2034 has been mentioned in some posts here as the new date the Watchtower is suggesting for Armaggedon. Has the Watchtower officially stated this? Has it appeared in any articles? Or, is it just something that is mentioned during talks, so by the time the year 2034 arrives, and nothing happens, the Watchtower can deny anything was said. --VM44

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I posted this earlier VM44

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/90435/1.ashx

Recalling the 1975 fiasco, I think the WTBTS SUGGESTED that year, and got the R&F to fill in the blanks - so there's no come back on the Society!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

No, no date has been set.......................yet.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

it was in the watchtower and they kind of hinted in that direction but thats a long ways off and they can deny it like thry did 1914, 1916, 1925, 1975 and all their other dates.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs are such suckers for end of the system dates that even hinting at them can have a profound effect on their psychology, and date setting is a way to keep them tied to the org, they'll keep playing this mind trick for as long as people are so hopelessly naive. They've been doing it since the 1870's.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

2034? nope... not in the mags not in a talk. some of you "apostates" read too much between the lines. 2034 would be far too much time left anyway to keep the r&f busy.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You may be right only Russell set a long date from around 1880 to 1915 but Rutherford and Franz set dates at a much shorter distance (in time).

• Voyager
    Voyager

http://www.jwfiles.com/2034.htm

http://www.jwfiles.com/2034.htm

*************************************************************************************************************

Is the Watchtower Predicting The
    End By 2034 Through Subtle Hints?
    The Watchtower, December 15, 2003, Pages 14 - 19

Please be patient while the web page loads page scans of the Watchtower article

Noah preached 120 years until the time of the flood, which was the time of the end to Noah and his generation . The December 15, 2003 Watchtower article is paralleling Noah's day to our present day. The Society is adding a 120 years to the 1914 date to come up with the hinted date of 2034.

Words such as "Similar, Similarly, Similarity, Similarities, Parallel, Corresponds, Characteristic, Compare, Arklike and more are all through the article to back up their subtle and hinted claims.

Page 15, Paragraph 6 "In Noah's day, Jehovah declared: 'My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.' (Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring 'the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.' - Genesis 6:17"

Page 15, Paragraph 7 "Noah received the warning of the upcoming catastrophe decades in advance and he wisely used the time to prepare for survival.' After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld,' says the apostle Paul, '[Noah] showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household.' (Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in 'the time of the end.' (Daniel 12:4) How should we respond to warnings we have been given? 'He that does the will of God remains forever,' states the Bible. (1 John 2:17) Now is therefore the time to do Jehovah's will with a keen sense of urgency."

Page 15, Paragraph 9 "Jehovah has kept these warnings in front of his people by means of timely reminders through the spiritual food provided by 'the faithful and discreet slave'"....

Yellow Highlighting is Ours

The blue underling in the article is of importance.
    The red underlining is of utmost importance!

• scotsman
    scotsman

I agree withe googlemagoogle. My family are fairly hardcore and none of them thinks that the WTBTS are suggesting 2034. Nor do their bethel or CO friends. My mother thinks it's this year.

If it were a common belief amongst the JWs, surely all the faders on the board that still attend meetings would be saying so. Any takers?

• luna2
    luna2

That Watchtower article looks like a pretty broad hint to me.

They pretty much have covered all their bases. They've obscured what a generation means within the WTS time structure, they're emphasizing Biblical accounts (Noah) that give them decades more time if you do the weird math of adding 120 to 1914...or you can add 120 to a range of earlier dates and come up with something sooner than 2034. Very clever, cuz, as we all know, no one knows the exact date and time...and the FDS isn't really saying anything for sure except the end is coming soon. Human nature being what it is, people can't help but try to figure it out even when they know they shouldn't This 120 year thing gives the R&F something more to play with and maintains the urgency of the faithful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit