Just finished uni after 4 1/2 years!!!

by JW83 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JW83
    JW83

Can you believe it?! I started uni doing a BA the year after I left the dubs. Then I got pregnant & married, & still continued ... I have just finished my honours year in history - I did a thesis on why the dubs were banned in Australia during WW2. Talk about full circle! I am stressed, exhausted, worried about my results, but I am finally also feeling excited that I have finished! I'm hoping to start a PhD next year doing a history of dubs in Australia (which hasn't yet been done) but that depends on the marks, of course. For the rest of the year I am going to be working part-time (yay, money!) and spending a lot more time with my daughter & hubby! Yay!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a relief that must feel!

Well done, Jayne!

Now go get a really good bottle of shiraz. Go on.........

Cheers, ozzie

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I second that,

and JW83, we are all 2001 newbies. But you went and got a degree in the process.

Jst2laws

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ooooh how about that! It musta been a good year!!

• JW83
    JW83

Thanks guys! Yes, a pinot is definitely on the menu tonight, and tomorrow night, and the next night!!! *insert winky smiley face here*

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That's more than one, Jayne!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Well Ozzie, You know the good years better then I. And you seem to know this honored graduate:

Well done, Jayne!

Jayne, you are a privileged person. Jst2laws

• JW83
    JW83

Yes, I met Ozzie in September 2001, about 3 weeks after I started going out with my now husband! He is a great guy & we'll have to meet up again soon, as soon as his head gets better! :)

• zagor
    zagor

once again, congratulation

• JW83
    JW83

Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit