DC IN Kansas City -120 years stressed

by stillajwexelder 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yet AGAIN BECAUSE IT WAS in the days text Gen 6 vs 3 was discussed at the DC. It -the talk -was started by stating that God puts a time limit on things and that in Noahs day it was 120 years. We are now 9w1 years into the time of the end since 1914. Now 2034 was NOT directly mentioned but hell it was strongly implied and a GB member was present Gerritt Losch- so it looks as though statements like this have the WTBTS approval. So the ened will come before 2034 because Jehovah sets a time limit

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Can't....stop....barfing..... No wonder my mom has her undies in a bunch lately, she wants to get a hold of me to share the new date... lol

They never learn...

J

• luna2
    luna2

Or perhaps they have learned all too well. Don't put an actual date down in writing. Don't have anybody actually say the year "2034". Hint around at it and let the dubs come to their own conclusions...then when the date rolls around, you can deny, deny, deny. In the meantime, you get those who are still true believers all fired up again.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I DON'T KNOW IF THE END WILL BE HERE BY 2034, BUT 'MY END' PROBABLY WILL BE!

DARN, I WANTED TO RUB IT IN THEIR FACE WHEN IT DIDN'T COME!

OUTASERVICE

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I cant believe they are falling for the old date thing again. WILL THEY NEVER LEARN?

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, try to keep on fooling me repeatedly with the SAME lie .. you need to see the head doctor cos everyones getting bored of hearing it.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

What day was that talk? Do you remember the name of the talk. I wasn't going to go to the assembly, but I would if I thought I could record it.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I heard that too, but I think it was coincidental. It was mentioned because that was the comments in the Day Text for the day (Saturday) I think. I don't have a day text with me and was out of my seat when I heard it.

-ithinkisee

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I don't see the parallel between Noah's preaching and the events from 1914. I guess the WTS has to keep adding periods on to old dates that give an end date somewhat in the distance (so it won't be reached soon) but not too far that many give-up now. To say absolutely that the end is 2034 would mean for many that it's not within their lifetime...I will be 74 in that year.

To say that God fixed a 120 year period from 1914 implies that the warning work that parallels Noah's commission to build an ark began in that year. What then of the 35 years prior to 1914 when C.T. Russell was warning that the end was coming 40 years after 1874 (Christ's first invisible presence)? Was that a false start? Was Russell only given enough insight to predict the start of 120 year final period? What about Russell's 1799 date for the start of the "time of the end?" 120 years added to that date would be 1919.

If Jesus didn't approve the board of directors of the Watchtower, Bible & Tract Society as his true representatives on Earth until 1918/19 (which is actually 1260 days after the start of something else never clearly defined) who was doing the warning work between the fall of 1914 and then? If it was Russell why discount his earlier work? Anyway, the "last days" project kick-off didn't happen until 1919 in Cedar Point, Ohio so why not add 120 years to that date? (Maybe this is future new light to be announced around 2033.)

The whole idea of 120 years from 1914 is a bad fit with current Watchtower doctrine on dates. It is pure clutching at straws to make a date act as a "carrot" for the members and reduce the declining membership.

3rd

• Scully
    Scully

So how much trouble can I get into over the next 28 years, and then repent for it on December 31, 2033?

Better still....

Won't it be nice for "young" JWs to know that they can, indeed, make time for college and university and a decent career before Jehovah's Patienceā„¢ runs out?

Won't it be nice for young families to invest in a home and start a family during the time that's left?

Won't it be nice for people to put away retirement savings that they can anticipate using?

• garybuss
    garybuss

They still have the convenient option of adding 120 years to 1935 and then1975 when the generation that sees 2034 come and go become restless.

Like Barnum said: "There's a sucker born every minute!" I gotta believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit