Jehovah

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well it is NOT one of Awe and Respect like it should be - but to tell you the truth I am not sure what I feel when I see the name these days

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I used to shudder. Now I just think of the Saigon Kick song by the same name :)

• xjwms
    xjwms

Why was I brainwashed so long?

• love11
    love11

Instantly a picture of an old god pops into my head. One that needs alot of animal and human sacrifices!

• blondie
    blondie
    I think of the English version of God's ancient name and how much the JWs have done to sully it since 1931.

Ditto, here. I do try to leave out that term in my comments here on JWD knowing it engenders painful memories for many. Interestingly, the early publications of the WTS use that name for God but very sparingly rather than the club it has become today. Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, you're right! Russell used "Jehovah" in his publications but not excessively.

• Odrade
    Odrade

My best friend's little girl (5 years old) asked me yesterday if I believed in Jehovah. I told her that I thought maybe if he was a real guy that he's a pretty mean guy and he doesn't like ladies and girls very much. She said, "well my gramma believes in Jehovah and she says she loves him." I asked her what she thought. Evidently, she is not so sure. Sounds like Grandma has been preaching pretty hard. Kind of pisses me off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit