Jehovah

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• lilybird
    lilybird

makes me shudderrrrrrrrrr...........

• Dustin
    Dustin

I point both middle fingers at the sky, and flip him off.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

my reaction is humour. i kind of laugh to myself that the name had some magical significance in my head at one point. same with jesus and satan.

• minimus
    minimus

One thing my mother keeps telling me is that had it been for the Witnesses, she never would've known God's name is Jehovah. I told her the Catholic monk was the one "Jehovah" used to make known his name....Dead silence.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Continuing to hold his name in high regard. Have nothing against Jehovah as opposed to the organization claiming to have exclusive rights to his protection, favor and blessings. Quite an arrogant position, if you asked me.

• DannyHaszard
  • tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i think of Jehovah, and i think of Rwanda and Sudan.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I think of what the name means.... BECOMING, which to me is a fit name for the ultimate nature of reality.... always changing, always in transition, always becoming...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Jehovah is a name I still respect - though I've left the witnesses I do still believe in God & that just happens to be one of his names. But the Witnesses over use it as if by using it alone it makes them holier. The JW's use it like many people use the word love - it then loses is orginal meaning/purpose/power,

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I often think what a great way to get rid of two “h”es in scrabble though alas it is not to be. Damn you Hasbro and your proper noun rule.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit