Presiding Overseer Says They Will Ask If You Still Want To Be A Jehovah's W

by minimus 103 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The local needs talk on Thursday discussed a few different things, according to my mom. But the one that stood out most was that he announced that based on the new book, the elders will be checking on those that have not been associating with the congregation for some time. They will ask, "Do you still want to be a Jehovah's Witness?" If the person does not, they will simply be announced as no longer being one of Jehovah's Witnesses.......Any comments??

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well i know someone who was asked it this week...their reply was that they will not answer it because of the consequences

elders seemed happy with that

and then asked about me

im expecting a call soon

i have my answer ready

• greendawn
    greendawn

If it's just a matter of answering a question those that want to carry on as faders will simply say yes, the rest will probably say no, they don't care.

The problem for faders will be if they ask them to become more active or else have sanctions imposed.

• JH
    JH

And if you say, "yes I still consider myself a JW", but you still keep on not attending meetings....then what?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if the WTS will have trouble with many people refusing to answer the question.

I also wonder if this will result in everyone having to sign or pronounce a Statement of Affirmation regarding their faith or be summarily viewed as disassociated and shunned.

Basically, instead of the elders having to prove that you have done something wrong, you will now have to prove that you have NOT done anything wrong and demonstrate your loyalty to the WTS.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

"No, but I see that you still want to be an asshole."

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Do you shun former members?

Those who become inactive in the congregation, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, special effort is made to reach out to them and rekindle their spiritual interest. If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkenness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers. Every effort is made to help wrongdoers. But if they are unrepentant, the congregation needs to be protected from their influence. The Bible clearly states: 'Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.' (1 Corinthians 5:13) Those who formally say they do not want to be part of the organization any more are also avoided. What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah's Witnesses? The spiritual ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings can continue. As for disfellowshipped relatives not living in the same household, Jehovah's Witnesses apply the Bible's counsel: "Quit mixing with them." (1 Corinthians 5:11) Disfellowshipped individuals may continue to attend religious services and, if they wish, they may receive spiritual counsel from the elders with a view to their being restored. They are always welcome to return to the faith if they reject the improper course of conduct for which they were disfellowshipped.

I guess popping the question might now start being used to formalize the actions of someone who is fading.

Is this Nazism or Communism? Because it sure ain't Christianism

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    they will simply be announced as no longer being one of Jehovah's Witnesses.......Any comments??

Nope.

Oh well, just one! It's DA time again!!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

So instead of becoming less extreme and cultish they will become more hardline. Are they getting worried about the faders being secret sources of "apostasy"?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Ahhhhhhhhh..............the little question with BIG consequences!

It all sounds so simple, but WE know it is anything but! You just KNOW that they will ask if you believe that they ARE the (only) troof, and do you still believe that they are God's only approved organization, blah, blah, blah.

Arrogant bastards!

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit