Pass the Jesus I need a hit!

by free2beme 25 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I hate to say this, as there may be some here that fit this description, but people deep into Jesus with all that saved talk and accepting Jesus talk, look the same as the person trying to get me to take a hit on the bong. These people seem stoned hard core and in la-la land of some fantasy and wonder why others don't want to ride the crazy train with them. Personally, I find these people to be almost alien to me, in that they seem so into their religion of "save" and "accept" this, that there is no reasoning or even discussing a different subject with them. You mention the sunny day and next thing you know there saying, "have you found Jesus?" You mention your hungry and they say, "have you accepted Jesus into your heart?" Either way, it sickens me, and I never saw Witnesses this was, in or out of the religion. This is a different group all together and something very odd. I think fo the most case, they trade one drug for another. Religion is a lot like a drug. Do you feel the same, or did I offend someone?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey, come on, i don't push people to smoke. I only do it occasionaly, anyway.

S

• free2beme
    free2beme

I would take the smoke, just not the Jesus hit ... although I saw a bong with Jesus on it once. Nearly died laughing, finally a gateway for the Jesus freaks!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Actually, i know what you are talking about. Welcome to the board

S

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I totally agree with you. They are annoying but virtually harmless, unlike the wits. The born again Christian tends to live and graze in moderate/warm climates. They believe that God is going to send everyone who doesnt accept Jesus into their hearts to eternal hell. Their cognitive dissonance is comparable to the JW's.

GBL

• John Doe
    John Doe

I saw a billboard advertising that pretty much sums it up. In huge bold letters were the only words on the sign, "Got Jesus?" Tards!

• JW83
    JW83

I agree, Jesus freaks suck. So do other fundamentalists - & much as I love Marx, I am including all my uni lecturers who are Marxists in this one!!! It's almost like some people just have to believe in SOMETHING, ANYTHING that gives the world some meaning or 'ultimate truth'. Go smoke a bong, I say!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wasn't it Lenin or Marx who referred to religion as the opiate of the masses?

• JW83
    JW83

Yes, Marx I think. Kindof ironic that marxism became a form of secular religion!

• Frog
    Frog

Yeah, there's definitely some irony there. Religion like drugs fills a void, fills a need that is possibly best filled by deep self-analysis and living a meaningful undeceived, true-to-yourself existence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit