Gerrit Loesch GB Speaker at KC convention

by stillajwexelder 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Gerritt Loesch was the GB speaker today at the KC convention - and what a boring old FART he was - I fell asleep and so did my wife

• peggy
    peggy

Stilla:

HOW do you keep at it? Really I want to know! You were once an elder, at least this is what I have gleaned from your posts. HOW? I read on this forum everyday. It is an obsession which causes me guilt. I enjoy so many on this forum. From the relative youth of Richie Rich to the seasoned, like Blondie, Evilforce, Garybuss and so many more. I read with special interest those who have held "special privilege", ex-elders, bethel servants. Did they leave for good reason? I want to know? I don't know how much longer I can keep it up! I just don't believe anymore! Now what? Loose the ones I love? How do you walk away after 40+ years? Is that why you hang on? Attend conventions? When do you say enough is enough? I am tired! Are you?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Stilla,

to your perseverence. You wife deserves a pat on the back too.

Jst2laws

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i dont know how anyone attends when they are closet apostates... i find it hard pretending im not an apostate to my still-JW friends... everything somehow comes back to JWism... even the way they speak, it's like u can tell them from a mile away and it makes me so sick... but i guess other people (stilla) have it much much worse... attending meetings/ conventions etc...

bethel

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya, i had him at the international in montreal a couple of years ago. what's wrong with that dude?

...oh yeah, he's a GB.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Loesch is a Neanderthal... I couldn't stand him even when I was a dub. He did the daily text at a Circuit Assembly once; went into a rant about "lazy" sisters not getting up in the morning to make their husbands breakfast. This was in an urban NY circuit where almost all the wives had to work full-time (not to mention the many single moms).

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

KC MO was the venue of the last DC that I attended. Gerritt Loesch was the guest speaker then also. I remember because when he was going on a rant about sisters dating and marying out side of the org, then he said,

"What about those who married out side and it all worked out for the good and the mate is now a JW? We don't care about them!" That's right, he said "We don't care about them!"

Since this was the situation in my case, I married outside and my wife converted to JW, it really P.O. the both of us. That's right, the GB does not care about a couple JW in good standing because people could point to them as an example where it worked. Well the GB does not like that, it's not supposed to work. He spoke from his heart when he said; " We don't care about them!"

That was the last DC I ever attended, because frankly, I don't care about them anymore.

The KC venue really sucked too, lighting so bad that 50% of the audience could not read the bible becase it was too dark. There was one main corridor and the crowds during the break were so bad you could not even walk through the halls without feeling like you were crammed in a cattle car.

Stilla, Did you find any of the talks not booring? Please share any interesting details.

Best Regards, -B.D.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Today he was no better and he released the new 224 page book "What does the Bible Really Teach?" he was no better but I did manage to stay awake because I got some sleep on the 50 minute symposium before it about loyalty to the FDS and the Body of Elders.

Most brothers commented with Losch it is probably his austrian accent which is quite heavy and some brothers struggle with it. But boring

• steve2
    steve2

Stilla has found the key to surviving as an apostate: Sleeping. It's slightly different from the key to surviving as a JW: Trying not to sleep. The end product in both instances is often hard to differentiate, but there is one important difference: The JW is often jumpier than the apostate when rudely awakened.

S2

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Heh heh - cleverly argued S2, I like that.

I dont know how you can keep going though, stilla. The thought of listening to a JW talk at all makes me feel physically ill. Every single sentence they utter makes me angry, and I want to argue back - which of course you cant in a public address. (Katie seethes, just imagining having to listen to a dub)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit