Are all sins "equal" to the JW's.

by JH 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

If a Witness plays lotto, and doesn,t repent, he is disfellowshipped.

If a Witness steals, and doesn't repent, he is disfellowshipped.

If a Witness fornicates, and doesn't repent, he is disfellowshipped.

Does this mean that the JW's consider playing lotto being just as bad as stealing or fornicating or even killing?

How about you, in what order would you class sins?

• z
    z

fornicate

• JH
    JH

Yes Z, that sin seems interesting...

• z
    z

For me if you gonna sins so why don’t do it right?????

• JH
    JH
    For me if you gonna sins so why don’t do it right?????

Yeah, but don't play lotto after you had sex, that could get you in trouble with the elders.

• z
    z

OH NO I play 6/49 is that ok ?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

JH... I dont know long you were active...but in my opinion, based on the Mid-west and south I would prioritze "sin" like this

*Sexual acts (BOE's live for this)

Apostacy (whatever that is... they dread it)

*capital crimes (can't ignore a good murder or grand theft...child rape or wife beating is still a little 'iffy')

*Financial or civil crimes (especially of they are public and high profile)

* then just about any other 'sin' ...severity of discipline and reaction time depends on your profile in the cong

Correct me if I am wrong..the bible teaches that all sins are equal. The WT applies man made rules to Christ's teachings and they've bastardized the whole thing. You can stay drunk, dump your spouse maybe even murder someone and the congregation may let you walk... it's a lot of "who you know" and what dirt do you have on someone else that predicts "survivability" in the Cult.

~Hill

• JH
    JH

In my book too Hillbilly, not all sins are equal, and don't deserve the same punishment, but the Watchtower puts all sins at the same level.

If a witness plays lotto and doesn't repent, he won't have eternal life

But if a witness murders and then repents, he will live eternally.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ahh yes,but repent for those sins and you can do them over and over again,till you get caught again...Then what?..Repent and repeat your sins until the next time you have to repent..It happens in Kingdom Halls everywhere,all the time..Year in and year out.....OUTLAW

• kls
    kls

And if a witness is a Pedophile ,he is forgiven even as a repeat offender and will see paradise but if you are a Apostate you are committing the worst sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit