Sympahty for Circuit and District Overeer's Poor Wives

by frankiespeakin 41 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would like this thread to express sympathy for these poor women, that because of being duped by a typical "End of the world cult", have given up a stable enviroment, suffer God know what as they endure listening to the same booring talk for 6 months, away from friends and family, no home to decorate, under constant scrutiny from the other sisters, etc...

I wouldn't like this thread to degenerate into what bad things these poor victims of an "end of the world cult" have done, but more toward sympathy, to help especially the younger ones who may be reading JWD, and need the courage to do something to get out of this predicament, before they waste thier whole life away slaving for the ungratefull WT organization.

They could use some help here and understanding as well.

• luna2
    luna2

I always felt sorry for them. I know that I would have been a basket case after a couple of weeks living the way they had to. I remember when they took away their nice caravans and made them stay with the "friends" on their visits around the Circuit. The FDS should have had their stupid asses kicked for that one. It's hard enough to have to be social and spend just about every waking hour with a different group of dubs every week, and then to have their one refuge of privacy stripped from them? Ugh.

I remember one sister who had a bad back (she eventually had surgery), she had specific needs in a mattress and it would have been so much better if she could have had her own bed in her own little RV to sleep in at night, but instead she had to suffer through different beds and different accomodations on a weekly basis.

I know that guest arrangement didn't last all that long, at least in northern IL. Seemed like about a year later we were all contributing towards building a permanent apartment for the CO at a KH with a central location in the district so that they could commute back and forth when visiting most congregations.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Wasn't this a Roling Stones' song?

edited due to stupidity

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Hey, at least now they get an apartment

• Odrade
    Odrade

I don't know that I feel all that sorry for them. They get a nice apartment, get taken out to meals or hosted all the time, don't have to work, don't really have to meet their hour quota for F/T pioneering, get all of their expenses met, and DOG knows there are always a few sisters in every circuit who buy them beautiful expensive clothing if they hint they need it.

Not to say that I think they are selfish or anything, (well, some of them are, some of them are more condescending and nasty than anyone around. Some are sweethearts.) I just think they have a relatively easy life, plus they get to be the center of attention at every meeting, get fawned over in service, and get lots of treats and gifts by the sis's in the cong. who want to bask in C.O. glory.

Yeah, poor them for being just as deluded as everyone else, but I do think they have it easier than a lot of others do.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Or,

I guess it is not all bad. I don't really know about the the dress thing, I suppose thier are a few that would buy them a dress, but to find those willing to foot the bill I would imagine you would have to do a lot of hinting, which has to be a real drag IMO. And being the center of attention at meeting must ring hollow, as compared to family and friends one misses being in the traveling work. But the main thing is, from mypoint of view, is the fact they have no home, very little retirement to fall on, I my be willing to bet that many fret over the fact the New System hasn't come yet and they are getting older and older with no hope of retireing, and forced by circumstances to keep up the same pace until they die or can't work do the work any more because of old age. It looks very bleek to me.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

why feel sorry for any co/do or their wives? they have an apartment, car, insurance, all paid for by the pubs. plus an allowance(anybody know how much?), plus all expenses paid for by the congo they serve plus all other ass-kissing $ given by elder-wannabees and elders. who wouldn't want a job like that? beets hard labor!

• free2beme
    free2beme

CO's wives are seen as queens!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Bon,

who wouldn't want a job like that? beets hard labor!

So if a job "like that" was offered to you, am I to understand that you would take it over your present situation?

• yesidid
    yesidid
    why feel sorry for any co/do or their wives? they have an apartment, car, insurance, all paid for by the pubs. plus an allowance(anybody know how much?), plus all expenses paid for by the congo they serve plus all other ass-kissing $ given by elder-wannabees and elders. who wouldn't want a job like that? beets hard labor!

You poor deluded soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit