Citizens Petition demands Bush address Londom Times Ariticle and charges

by jst2laws 12 Replies latest social current

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

This is not an invitation to start a political debate. Please view this only as reporting on news that the US media so far is ignoring. Rep. Conyers has challenged President Bush to answer the accusation in what is known as the Downing Street Memo, widely reported in Europe. A Citizens Petition requesting answers will be delivered, probably today, Friday, when it attains 500,000 signatures. As of this writing it needs only 50,000 more.

While Kerry is already talking of "impeachment" it seems rather premature considering there is little evidence to go by at this time.

Jst2laws

source link http://www.moveonpac.org/tellthetruth/conyersletter.html

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

I signed it yesterday, and passed it on. Thanks for posting it here!

I also e-mailed my representatives regarding it, and asked the local paper to cover it. Why is this still under the radar in the US news?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Bush has gotten away with murder(s). I cringe to think of the rumors that his brother Jeb will run.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

How do I sign?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

sixty9,

Why is this still under the radar in the US news?

Well, I'm sure Fox News prefers to ignore it. But the rest may be waiting for the charges in the memo to be validated. They could at least ask for a response from Bush as the petition by Rep. Conyers. Once Conyers brings it to Bush it may force the the media to begin reporting.

Jst2laws

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

ChrisVance,

Here is the link.

http://www.moveonpac.org/tellthetruth/

Please remember, everyone, while this could turn into an important matter (if the memo proves to be factual) this is not posted to Bash Bush.

Jst2laws

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    Well, I'm sure Fox News prefers to ignore it.

Are you implying that they are not really "Fair and Balanced"?

I SAY GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR!!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

It is a sad state when our news media has no time to report on whether the President falsified information to take the nation to war but is more concerned on whither Michael Jackson is found guilty or not for diddlling young boys. You are correct it should be investigated to find out if the story is true or not. If true GW should be held accountable for sending young men and women to their deaths on a lie. I mean a President was impeached for a lot less by having a BJ in the oval office.

Will

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

William Penwell,

You have a point with the comparison of the Jackson media exposure compared to sitting on this London Times report.

As to WHY they are not reporting it, I don't know why. It is obvious why they report on the M. Jackson stuff. We know the media is motivate not just by news but by money generating news. Thus Jackson is tops. But none of them want to get 'scooped' by a competitor. Obviously they do not consider foreign media as competitors. I dont understand it either.

BTW, it is taking more than today to finish it but they have 94% of the needed signatures as of this post.

Jst2laws

• sf
    sf

Yes, I posted about this, here, about a month ago:

British govt "Secret Downing Memo" dated July 23, 2002 [ http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/29/90778/1.ashx ]

As you can see, it didn't generate much feedback or discussion either. I was pretty surprised.

I'm glad this is alive and well.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit