Field service horror/humor stories.

by sonnyboy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    <quote>I used to go door-to-door with the most obnoxious elder in the world. If we approached a house, saw signs of life, but they didn't answer the door, he'd actually go around and knock on their windows! We once came upon a house with the kitchen lights on. When we knocked on the door, the light went out and all was quiet. This kook went around to their living room window and cupped his hands around the glass so he could see inside. He then hollered, "I see you in there. Would you like to talk to us?" I nearly said, "Holy sh*t" out loud.

A rather robust man then flew from the front door with a baseball bat and literally chased us from the yard! The stubborn elder had the nerve to drop his Watchtower in the front yard before getting in the car and said, "You may want to take a look at that. It has an article on anger management." I thought the dude was going to bash in our windows after that remark, but the wheel man was ready. We managed to escape and seek out our next victim.</quote>

That's hilarious--I laughed out loud. I can see it being made into a Tom and Jerry or Rin and Stimpy cartoon. :-)

• Purza
    Purza

We were working this neighborhood where one of my friends live. He said "you have to do that door cause there is a really cute guy there". And btw, this was when I was a teenager -- many moons ago. Anyway we go to the door and the girl with me (I never could stand her) was afraid to do the door, so I thought I would "act mature" and talk to the "really cute guy".

So I knocked on the door and believe me, it wasn't a "really cute guy". It was a man with whose face was burned (either by acid or by a fire) and he scared the sh*t out of me. Especially when I was expecting a "really cute guy". *roll eyes here*. I immediately whipped out the magazines and offered them (knowing how the WT actually turns people off), and he, probably seeing my discomfort, kindly rejected them.

I never forgave the idiot who told me to do that door. I am a compassionate person, but I was totally caught off guard with that door.

Purza

• Es
    Es

LOL @ sonnyboy heheh great story! I just used to hate goin witnessing with those who just wouldnt take no for an answer it was som embarrasing es

• Es
    Es

LOL @ sonnyboy heheh great story! I just used to hate goin witnessing with those who just wouldnt take no for an answer it was so embarrasing es

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Great stories!

they caught him doing the nasty to their dog.

I would pay to see a dub trying to do the nasty to my miniature schnauzer.

Then I'd take pictures.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

a friend of mine had a route call at a house that because i was new to the area we would refer to as 'the door'

this was because the door was distinctive...we didnt ever know the street name...and no-one was ever in

turns out that the householder had taken the mags one day and my friend had said he would call back with the latest ones when they came out and so thats what he did...for about 5 years..never ever got anyone back in again..until the last time he called when the householder gave him all the mags back

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

So did he have to post negative magazines that month? Placements - 500 ?

LOL

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hi delilah, you wrote in one of your posts about a brother doing it with the dog. He was a brother here in southern Ontario, married with kids. Seems he had a dog fetish. When the householder came home, he noticed the brother out in his yard messing with his dog and took a polaroid picture before he called the police , just to verify the story. The brother actually worked at the same place as my husband. When he came into work after it became public knowledge,, all the guys on the line would bark at him as he came to his workstation. Sad really.

• jeeves
    jeeves

wow. i've never heard the dog story. i mean i've heard dog stories but not that one!

i've only been called on once since i left - two young guys out in the evening. i was really busy otherwise i would have given them a "scantily clad female answering the door" story :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit