What is better? An orange or an lightbulb?

by Sparkplug 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

The topic makes me think that I am trying to compare something that really cannot be compared. (Just a note on thought process behind this thread.)

The other day I got into a discussion of opinion and I have to ask you all for your opinion because I am so curious what people may think about the topic.

I am on a kick now, lately that I feel the urge to tell everyone how much I love them. I want to hug people and all of the fluffy bunny crap that I at one time thought people were so dumb for doing. That is just a sidenote.

But along those lines...I have made some huge mistakes in my life and tend to jump into anything with such gusto that I have had a heck of a life and a lot of hurt. This is quite a wild ride. At the same time though, by these experiences I have gained some wonderful friends or experiences and have been LIVING. I am not proud of all I have done, but I also know there are some wonderful lessons and compassion for people learned.

I have a person in my life who does nothing of the same. Does not date, make stupid choices, have a lot of friends, (maybe none) and I am quite a note of sourness for the way I have lived my life in his perception. I feel a bit sorry for him. We both have different paths, and I have wound up with a lot more hurt but he has wound up a very alone person.

So what is better?

Am I a goof for trying and taking the hard road at times? Or is that what life is about?

Or is it better to be careful and keep all your ducks in the correct rows and yet somehow miss out on the experiences that one can have by living in such a bumbling manner?

I figure the things I have gained if quantified as the (number one) mean I have the (number 100) in hurt, all the hurt is worth the one treasure I found out of the situation. Not that I purposely make hurt to find good, but I do think the treasure would never be found if not for the crazy path....

What do you think?

• Markfromcali
  • Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Mark you are so grounded for your lack of total participation.

Go stand in the corner.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Well fine, I was going to participate...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok Mark...at least you were talking..

Did this thread not make sense? I cannot believer nobody at this outspoken forum has an opinion on this. I have dreamt this topic for nights now.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I hear what you're saying, I also don't think it's really something to compare. It's not that I don't think you can, you can with whatever perspective you want if you wanted to, but it's like your life is your own you know? To me it isn't about how you live, just that you live. The way you go through life doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the quality of experience.

• ivy
    ivy

Lightbulbs burn out. Oranges either get eaten or get old and stale.
    I would rather regret the things I have done, then the things I haven't done.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

ivy-

I would rather regret the things I have done, then the things I haven't done.

Now how come it takes so long for me to sputter what you summed in one sentence?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Decki. I thoroughly understand the concept of having lived life in some pretty awkward shoes. There are things that I've done that, I won't say I'm not proud of, actually, there's one or two things that I've done that people still stand back and say, " How the hell did he pull that off ? ". They were major events that changed history for a handful of people, they, however are not things I would go shouting from the mountaintops.

I, too, recognize that had I not invested those moments in that person life, regardless for how wrong the situation was, I would not have reached new meaning, they may very well have remained stagnated in their life.

Because of the mutual building between me and this other person, our lives were forever changed. We both found huge sections of the puzzle of the human soul ,we thought were non existent in ourselves and our lives. It was a period of mutual awakening. It was frightening, because it held such awesome power over us, but it was equally grand and glorious, for that one moment in time. And morally speaking, it was dead wrong, the situation was dead wrong. We were wrong for participating in that psychic drama, but the growth that was experienced between us was worth all pain and disillusionment we felt from having lived thru the experience. It has forever changed me, as it has her. It is one of the most awesome experiences of my life. I regard it as a milestone, a turning point. A place that I often revist in my heart and mind that was so wonderful an experience. I will never have another, quite like that one. It is a huge part of the reason for who I am today.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

phrof-

It was a period of mutual awakening. It was frightening, because it held such awesome power over us, but it was equally grand and glorious, for that one moment in time.

you could make sawing my leg off with a rusty knife sound so yummy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit