If The Elders Wanted To Disfellowship YOU, What Action Would YOU Take?

by minimus 87 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

If the elders were on a hunt and destroy mission, asking the dreaded question, "do you still want to be a JW" as discussed in another thread, I would say something to the effect:

I personally no longer consider myself one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Having done some independant research and having proved to myself that the WTS is not God's Channel of Communication on earth, I feel that I no longer owe them my allegiance that should be paid to God alone.

However, even though I don't consider myself a Witness that does not mean that I want any public announcement made that would coerce or in any other way influence people to shun me or treat me as though I had committed some wrongdoing. If such an announcement were to be made and people were to treat me differently due to such an action I would have to resort to seeking legal action against anyone who took such action. Please understand that I would not seek action against the WTS but against those who were warned to not slander my name. Your sitting here asking me if I still want to remain a JW would automatically include you as a defendant in any slander lawsuit that I would be forced to bring about.

I hope you understand my position. I have many acquaintances in the Witnesses that cross over to my family life, social life and business life. Any action to try to influence people to keep from associating with me will bring swift legal action.

To show you how serious I am about this, I will state this again in writing and send it to both you and my legal representative by registered mail. Any negative action taken after that to sully my good name will result in the aforementioned legal action.

Is there anything else you wish to discuss?

I think that would scare most elders from doing anything. It's easy for them to talk big if they have the power of the WTS behind them, but once they are singled out as the defendant, they'll think twice about bringing about any hardship to themselves or their family.

Ah . . . elder's wives . . . so deprived and ready :)

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I concur with susej. And I'd sue each one individually.

This thread kinda reminds me of The Wizard of Oz.

"what would you do if you saw an elephant?" Cowardly Lion: "I'd wrap him in cellaphant"

"what would you do if you saw a hippopotamus?" Cowardly Lion: "I'd slap him from top to bottamus"

Dismembered

"Gimme back my hat, ya punk"

• i am a good soul
    i am a good soul

I don't know but, what exactly happens when a person is disfellowhipped? What actions are taken and what happens during the session?

• i am a good soul
    i am a good soul

happens when a person is disfellowhipped? What actions are taken and what happens during the session? I don't mean any harm. I just want to know please answer . I'd seriously like to know. I ask with the most sincerity. Thank you for your time.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Welcome to the board i am a good soul.

I don't know but, what exactly happens when a person is disfellowhipped? What actions are taken and what happens during the session?

When a person is disfellowshipped they are declared a 'person nongratia' by the Jehovahs Witnesses. They are not allowed to have any dealings with them, and are totally shunned. In some cases even a close family member would just walk by the disfellowshipped person in the street as if they weren't there. To put it into comparison, when I was disfellowshipped my then fiance siad she would have found it easier to deal with and understand if I'd slept with another woman behind her back than if I said anything against the Jehovahs Witness religion, thats how strong she felt about it. A person is disfellowshipped after meeting with 3 elders who confront them in a judicial committee about some wrongdoing they are perceived to have done. If they are repentant, they may be reproved(reprimanded), or if they are perceived to be unrepentant, disfellowshipped. For me, geting disfellowshipped was the best thing that has ever happened to me. It was very hard at first, and I went through some really dark times, but it let me see what was really going on and get myself out of it. If I hadn't been disfellowshipped I probably would have still been in now. If the elders wanted to df you obviously you would already be at the jc stage, and I think the only way to stop the elders df'ing you would be to stop the jc taking place. This could be done easily by carrying a recording device where they can see it. They will then refuse to carry out the jc under those conditions, in which case you can threaten them personally with legal action if they carry out any further action without confronting you first. You could use anti-defamation/ slander laws, first amendment, or anything else you think might be suitable. Paul

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I wouldn't waste my time by playing their game. Going to late night liasons with the judicial committee, allowing them to get to me, pouring my guts out... all they want is to see you grovel and get emotional - that's the only way they think a person can be "repentant." So no, if they wanted to DF me, I wouldn't even meet them, just turn around and don't look back.

• toreador
    toreador

The elders know that I have read apostate stuff and also have said truthfull but embarassing things about the teachings from the literature and the GB, and so far they have left me alone. I think they know it could get worse if they press it.

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit