Anybody else see a problem with this website?

by avishai 37 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    What the heck is that supposed to mean? OK, so if a man hits, or hurts a woman, it's domestic violence, but if a woman does it,it's not?

If a woman hits and hurts a man and he calls the police on her, in many states, she will go to jail for domestic violence. In many states, if you make a call like this, you cannot drop the charges either.

• avishai
    avishai

Yes. That's true. in many states if you call for the same scenario, the police will come and haul the man away to jail. No matter what.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yes. That's true. in many states if you call for the same scenario, the police will come and haul the man away to jail. No matter what.

If they both hit each other, often the police will take both in. I remember in the town I lived in that there was a lesbian couple. One was a bully who would often beat her lover brutally. The abuser dug a foxhole in her backyard, armed herself. After one particularly bad beating, the victim called the police. The bully holed up in the backyard and had a stand off with police for hours. I am trying to find the story here on line. I can't recall if they ended up shooting the bully woman and killing her or if she was taken into custody alive.

I know in that town, plenty of redneck women went to jail for beating on spouses, family members, neighbors, etc. Thank goodness I don't live there any longer.

• avishai
    avishai
    If they both hit each other, often the police will take both in. I remember in the town I lived in that there was a lesbian couple. One was a bully who would often beat her lover brutally. The abuser dug a foxhole in her backyard, armed herself. After one particularly bad beating, the victim called the police. The bully holed up in the backyard and had a stand off with police for hours. I am trying to find the story here on line. I can't recall if they ended up shooting the bully woman and killing her or if she was taken into custody alive.

I know in that town, plenty of redneck women went to jail for beating on spouses, family members, neighbors, etc. Thank goodness I don't live there any longer

Yup. But that's also a misperception, that it's "masculine" and "butch" and redneck women who are abusive (I'm not saying that's what you were implying, though, fliyinghighnow) . Lot's of them are lil' tiny femenine ladies who drive their beemers to work and never wear pants.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Lot's of them are lil' tiny femenine ladies who drive their beemers to work and never wear pants.

I know what you mean, Avi. But hey, not all redneck women are big brutes. My oldest grandson's other grandmother is a tiny thing about 5 feet tall and 100 lbs. She's as rednecked as they come. She's also very straight. But you make her mad and you've never seen or heard such shrill, screaming and threats. And I have heard from many people that her husband, who is also five feet tall, is terrified of her because she has beat the heck out of him many times. I believe it, too. The woman is evil.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Avi, the paper did not say whether the victim of the bully woman was bigger or smaller than her abuser. I have no idea what either woman looked like or their size of level of femininity. I just want to clarify that. I don't think you have to be masculine to be a bully. I remember plenty of pretty girls at school that were bullies and made fellow students, girls and boys miserable.

• Confession
    Confession

Hooooooooooooooboy! Thanks, Avi, for hipping me to that absolutely LUDICROUS article, clearly written with such a shocking amount of bias. Complete crap.

• avishai
    avishai
    The emotional reaction for men being hit by a woman is usually annoyance, anger and self-righteousness.

I just noticed this. "Self righteousness" WTF is that supposed to mean. Hmmm, lets see, I just got hit in the head with a stoneware pitcher for coming home five minutes late by my wife (hypothetically) And I'm feeling "Self righteous " about it.

Jesus christ.

• Confession
    Confession

Reminds me of a little piece I read years ago--which I was just able to find.

THE RULES

Rule # 1 - The female always makes the rules.

Rule # 2 - Rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification to the male.

Rule # 3 - No male is allowed to know the rules.

Rule # 4 - If the female ever suspects that the male knows some or all of the rules, she must change some or all of the rules.

Rule # 5 - The female is never wrong.

Rule # 6 - If the female ever appears to be wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding caused by something the male said or did which is wrong.
    Rule # 7 - The female may change her mind at anytime.

Rule # 8 - The male must never change his mind without the express written consent of the female.

Rule # 9 - The female has the right to become angry or emotionally upset at any time.

Rule # 10 - If rules 6 or 9 apply the male must apologize.

Rule # 11 - If the female has PMS, all rules are null and void at her discretion----see rules 1,2,5 and 7.

I've highlighted Rule #6, since it's the concept I ran into most while married to an abusive woman. While I know this was written tongue-in-cheek, #6 is also in large part true.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I like living alone. I enjoy the fact that I'm no longer the "bad guy" whenever I speak up in my own defense.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit