So i'm at the meeting tonight......or what's weak this week

by JV 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JV
    JV

Where to start my rant and rave? oh where to start, let me see......hmmm.............. well during the school we had the typical fare, i'm sure you're all familiar with it, the " can you do more??? " talk. Man does that get tired quick. The "can you do more" talk is usually started out with the " we all know you're busy but..........." oh man is that tricky, you tricky gb you, you guys are so sneaky. As soon as i hear the word 'more' i tune out now, nothing's ever good enought so it's breeds an attitude of i don't give a flying f*!k.....

Another word that i'm sick and tired of hearing is 'glean' to me it's the word that makes a witness stand out in a crowd. You might be a witness if you use the word glean.......

Tonight was the local needs, man i love the local needs. Todays episode was entitled "You are what you study" This was sort of along the same lines as the "can you do more" talk. I think what i got out of it was "blah blah blah study for all the meetings.... blah blah blah cut out all the excess......." to that effect. Oh another nugget of gold that i liked was the elder said that if we were to read a newspaper from cover to cover it would take several hours, wtf?? i think he needs to get hooked on phonics, either he's can't read at a 7th grade level or he's just retarded.

One other think i like is how elders with no children always end up giving talks about how to discipline and raise children.... am i the only one who sees a problem here? I hope not.

And one final question for y'all tonight do you become a douche bag after you become an elder or is it a pre requisite? Is pre requisite one word or two? did i spell it right? how do i become a bounty hunter? ok ok i'm done.

• mad max
    mad max

I just dont know how you can even stand to walk thru the KH doors, I cannot even drive past the KH without feeling a little sick!!!!!!

Before I got DFed or the people where told 2 weeks ago that i was no longer a jw, my daughter was going to give a talk after a long time herself of being cold (as they say) and i SAID TO HER loubelle I JUST CANNOT EVEN THINK OF WALKING THRU THAT DOOR.

Well at least you know they a talking blah blah.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

JV, great post!

Another word that i'm sick and tired of hearing is 'glean'

I seriously laughed out loud at that!

SNG

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i hate this religion.

i'm going to become a CIA agent and file them for commiting seditious acts against the government. they have pictures of the US government being destroyed in their publications, they aren't patriotic.

first ill start with the eagles nest. send in delta force to halt publishing and all activity.

the JW congregations will still stay strong and by destroying their each and individual kingdom halls they will still meet in their homes.

Therefore we use the media to advertise the wrong doings of these terrorists. the very nation will turn against them. members will leave.

• JV
    JV

Whoa there comrade, easy on the marx and lennin, that kind of anger isn't too healthy, go run around the block, play some sports, get your knob polished, just do something to work out that stress trust me you'll be happy if you do.

• avishai
    avishai
    i hate this religion.

i'm going to become a CIA agent and file them for commiting seditious acts against the government. they have pictures of the US government being destroyed in their publications, they aren't patriotic.

first ill start with the eagles nest. send in delta force to halt publishing and all activity.

the JW congregations will still stay strong and by destroying their each and individual kingdom halls they will still meet in their homes.

Therefore we use the media to advertise the wrong doings of these terrorists. the very nation will turn against them. members will leave

Hey, Tex!! Anyone ever tell ya that religions thrive on persecution and that's exactly what they want? Martyr's make it bigger.

Satirizing, making fun of the absurdity publicly, especially through media, reporting their abuses whenever and however you can, etc., dropping hints, UN flyers in strategic, legal places where dubs will find them, etc. will be WAYY more effective. Take some classes on propaganda and media. I think an intelligent guy like you would dig it. (I know, a man can dream, tho...I dug your myspace site, btw. I'll drop you a line one of these days!).

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

I think douchebagginess comes after the assimilation and elderfication. Those who are already douchelike upon being knighted elder climb the ranks faster.

• Netty
    Netty

Gosh JV, honestly how do you stand it? I remember those days, those meetings, even though they were so long ago.

• JV
    JV

I guess i'm just a sucker for punishment... and the women are great, did i mention the women? no no no i'm just kidding bout the women, or am I ???? I guess i've got nothing better to do

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

JV,

I do like to read a good rant, and that really was a splendid rant. I hope it made you feel better, certainly made me chuckle

ig.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit