District Assembly eating rules....

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

During our District Assembly which will be held at a Coliseum, we were told not to go outside during the intermission, and not eat in restaurants near by. We were told to bring our own food and eat inside the coliseum. Usually, the coliseum offers hot dogs and hamburgers and drinks, but the brothers refused this service.

So, since the brothers refused this service, we were told not to go eat in a restuarant outside the coliseum during lunch break, so as to not offend the cantine employees who work at the coliseum for such events.

Imagine, having to stay seated on a hard bench all day, listening to dull talks, and then being told to remain seated on that hard bench during the break to eat your cold sandwich...and warm cola.

And this 3 days in a row...

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Yeah,same baloney at our conventions.Then the restaurant next door is packed,the Subway at the end of the street can't keep up at lunchtime and many cars leave the parking lot at lunchtime.

I'll be there this year and the only enjoyment I'll get is observing as an outsider how people react to the instructions from the platform(LOL).I feel many jw's are just fed of being treated like little children and then the WTS wants all the credit.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That's been 'normal' downunder for many years. I often wonder why? What's the point? Is it simply authoritarianism and control gone mad?

What the heck is wrong with a hot dog? Is it "worldly" or - horrors!- a phallic symbol?

The Society uses the line that it's to preserve the purity of wholesome association but really, if they can't provide the food, who else will? Don't their own scriptures tell them that the authorities are God's minister for them? and that God sends forth the rain on all humankind?

Being afraid of a hotdog stand shows a faith that is weak indeed.

Ozzie

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I remember years ago when I went I was still attending the DC. My children were very young then. I would go over to the local KFC, buy a few snack packs and deliberately bring them back to the convention center. My one son and I would eat them in front of the other dubs. Some of the family friends would look at us like we were Satan himself because we were going against the WT. Like you said, who feels like eating cold sandwiches and drinking warm pop after 3 hours of boring talks? I am now thinking back and I know KFC wasn't the wisest choice I could have made then.

Will

• JH
    JH

Eating at the coliseum, you have to put the food on your lap. So, your chances of getting all kinds of mustard and ketchup stains on your suit is more than probable.

Atleast at the restaurant, you have tables to eat on.

Imagine the older witnesses, who have to obey this stupid law.

• xjwms
    xjwms

You mean there are , ... eating rules, ... now?

Ya right, as if I would'nt go out to lunch.

• Undecided
    Undecided

They don't want you to spend your money on food, you need to put it in the contribution box.

Ken P.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Legalism gone mad....stupid rules made by stupid people.

DB74

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    I feel many jw's are just fed of being treated like little children and then the WTS wants all the credit

What grown man/woman can put up with this type of treatment without becoming resentful? All they're doing is encouraging thinking people to leave. Hell, my employer gives me more freedom than these morons do!

• blondie
    blondie

km 2/95 p. 5 1995 District Convention Simplification ***

Inasmuch as the convention site actually becomes a large Kingdom Hall during the convention, it is also wise to avoid developing a picnic atmosphere during the noon break

km 5/98 p. 5 1998 "God’s Way of Life" District and International Conventions ***

Each person in attendance should bring his own food rather than leave the facility during the short noon break to purchase something outside.

km 5/01 p. 6 Do Good and Be Praised! ***

While it has been suggested that we bring a light lunch to eat at noon, it is not appropriate to set up tables in the parking lot to serve a large meal. This would give the impression of the tailgate parties that are common at sporting events.

Of course, this doesn't include the JWs with a few bucks who bring their RVs/motorhomes and eat inside them in AC comfort with tables.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit