How Many Here HAD To Meet With At Least 2 Elders Over Something?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Chia
    Chia

Blondie, that just goes to show you how stupid they are! Some people are foaming at the mouth when it comes to giving counsel or reproof, but not when it comes to commendation or encouragement.

Minimus, you are right about letting JWs know they do not have to meet with the elders. We give them way too much credit. They're only men, no more infallible than anyone else. But I had to experience my committee meeting to realize that I owe them nothing. I'm still fragile, scared of them at times, but I'm getting stronger every day.

• blondie
    blondie

The other sister was new, they wanted to nail me for something so bad they didn't get the facts straight. Remember they had not met with the body to nail down the details. It was secondhand info and flawed. They weren't even aware that there were 2 different people involved. I still get confused with that sister to this day.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I did. They just couldn't take a joke. I still don't know what is wrong with watching "The Sinful Bed" (R). Maybe someone can help me.

Dismembered

Cripes!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

me!

1999-private reproof

2000-public reproof

2002-disfellowshipped

2003-reinstated

2004-disfellowshipped

2005-here i am!!!!!

it's funny b/c in between the public and private reproof, i had gotten in trouble, and my mom was really chummy w/ the eldurs wives, so they pulled every string they could to keep from having to do a public announcement. so my punishment that time was that i couldn't give talks anymore....which i did when i moved.

luv, jojo

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I've been in so many judical commitee meetings I can't even remember the number. I even turned myself in to these jokers once. It just makes me laugh now.

GBL

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Anytime I see a man in polyester sit down with a legal note pad, I start to giggle.

• minimus
    minimus

Polyester suits.....Is that what these guys still wear?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Polyester suits.....Is that what these guys still wear?

You know it! Jesus didn't have a place to rest his head, why lay down an extra 50 bucks for WOOL....

• blondie
    blondie

The elders I know have very nice suits. The brothers around here are fairly prosperous.

• minimus
    minimus

I only had 100% wool suits and wool/silk blends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit