How Many Here HAD To Meet With At Least 2 Elders Over Something?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

....because you got into trouble???

• Chia
    Chia

That would be me. One JC, and other various issues. They'll find any excuse.

• minimus
    minimus

Some people used to confess themselves to even THINKING about something they shouldn't be. Some seemed to love to tell the elders everything.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Some people used to confess themselves to even THINKING about something they shouldn't be. Some seemed to love to tell the elders everything.

Confession is good for the shmuck.

• minimus
    minimus

Elsewhere, you got it!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Actually here we invite the elders to meet with us. We actually invited, I think 4, elders to a public meeting to answer a few questions some of us EX Witnesses had. None showed, but about 100 other people did and testimony of the elder's crimes was read into the public record.

Nobody has to put up with anything from a Witness elder here unless they WANT to. We have a rather aggressive group of ex Witnesses who have absolutely no fear of (or respect for) Witness elders. We have been known to show up with newspaper reporters and TV cameras.

• minimus
    minimus

Gary, You are right!! Elders are no better than anyone else. JWs need to know that they don't have to meet with elders or deal with them if they don't want.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Consider my hand raised.

One JC hearing.

And a hell of a lot more.

• blondie
    blondie

Each time 2 elders approached me regarding my "wrongdoing" it turned out their sources were flawed and easily demonstrated they were flawed. 2 elders ripped into me and ended up being reprimanded by the body because they run ahead of the BOE. It seems they had the wrong sister, similar name. In another instance, the elders had concealed another JWs wrongdoing and the sh*t hit the fan. They spilled the beans in front of the CO and DO because of the anger they had towards me and the other sister for daring to reveal their duplicity. It helped that they were not the darlings of the CO or DO to start with. Weren't they surprised when their rear ends ended up being in the sling. I can remember 2 elders counseling me for hugging my brother, the one I share a mother and father with. They accused me of inappropriate behavior with a brother. I guess the one elder's wife forgot to get all the facts.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Were these 2 elders from your cong.? How could anyone confuse YOU with anyone else?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit