Documentary on JW

by InquiryMan 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jula71
    jula71

The truth of the matter is, dubs only help the dubs. The fact that they help other religions with political freedom is unintended. They use the fact that they have helped others is one they push solely to help legitimize themselves.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

FYI: Apparently in response to letters written by several posters (and commented on in this thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/91954/1.ashx) the knocking.org web site has been updated. The Relevancy page now mentions the fact that women cannot hold leadership positions and that former members are shunned.

SNG

• Swan
    Swan

I think some of you are taking my words out of context. They are not a good group. Some of their members are good people, basically, but misled. They have some good points. I still don't see them as totally evil. But the little good that they do does not mitigate all of the harm they have done.

I believe there are also cases related to freedom of speech that were won by the American Nazi party too, if memory serves, but that doesn't mean that they are a nice group of people.

I do think that as a whole our society would be better off without their Watchtower Society. And yes, they are self serving in what cases they bring to the high court. However, these cases would have been considered eventually, even if the JWs hadn't initiated them in the course of pursuing their own selfish interests.

In the meantime, our freedoms as Americans have been upheld by their cases, and that is a fact. I do have the right not to state the pledge of allegiance. I also have the right to refrain from saying "under God" when I get to that phrase in the pledge, which I do take advantage of, since I do not believe in God. I am not persecuted because of it. It is important that we have those rights, but I also happen to think that those are our basic rights as Americans and would have been recognized by the courts eventually without the JWs. They just happened to bring those issues to the court first.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit