Incredible conversation with JW from WT headquarters

by tagurit 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This is NOT a bethelite on the tape; no bethelite would waste this much time.

I agree; endless technical debates about gender of pronouns, and how they determine important doctrine? Please.

Trinity?? I could not care less; I don't believe in it but I see why some do.

Can't be known.

More interesting to me are the drastic conclusions that get drawn from such doctrines, like the introductory remarks about all the people going to hell because of the witnesses.

Sheesh.

• Pole
    Pole
    A friend of mine likens this kind of conversation to debates about who is tougher, Superman or Batman.

I can't see much room for an argument here. Batman doesn't even begin to compare with Superman.

BTW - the battery argument was actually made in the recorded conversation. (SIGH)

Pole

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Ugh...I listened to it....painful.

It's conversations like those that make me realize that the bible isn't the word of God...and is simply a guidebook. Every point in that book can be applied one way or another. If it were the "truth" of God it would be simple and quite easy to understand w/ no contradictions etc.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

The sad part is that people on both sides of the argument are wasting their time.

Just get on with your life...

• amac
    amac

Despite the JW being a jerk, he was successful in pointing out the ambiguity of the nature of God in the Bible. And the arrogance one must have to assume they have been revealed the truth.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Why waste time discussing things like this? No one knows what is really going on in the universe or why we are here. God is a mystery no one can explain, I cut it off before the end. I've heard it discussed too much in my life and don't think anyone can explain it without using imagination and faith, and who can say who's faith and imagination is right? We will just have to wait and see what happens after death, if anything.

Ken P.

• Pole
    Pole
    Despite the JW being a jerk, he was successful in pointing out the ambiguity of the nature of God in the Bible. And the arrogance one must have to assume they have been revealed the truth.

Touché!

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti
    Once you make this assumption, you can argue four hours about stuff like: "Would you refer to a car battery as 'he'?".

"A friend of mine likens this kind of conversation to debates about who is tougher, Superman or Batman. " Great points ! I have come to believe that you can debate back and forth about the "meanings" of spirtures but it really doesnt matter. The are a collection of storys and myths that have been changed numerous times over the past 1000 years. How do we really know that Mark and John were really inspired to write about Jesus, when they never even meet the man. What makes the Bible so accurate but the Koran and others so inaccurate. Just my 2 cents Clayton " Brothers dont shake hands, brothers got to hug"

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I'd love to hear any JW defending the claim to be the faithful discreet slave appointed in 1919 as the only channel of information from God (as his prophet). And for the non-JW opponent to be armed with 125 years of Watchtower quotes and a Bible. Now that would be fun!

• Sheri
    Sheri

This radio online was very interesting and disgusting at the same time; everyone has their opinion or just trying to figure what the bible is really saying. There will never be no total agreement between all people, I am beginning to believe all the more so in live and let live, its really between me and my God, in whatever form I find peace with him.

Just finished reading "What God Wants" by Neale Donald Walsch, which I found very thought provoking. Has anyone read this book or any of his other books? His website nealedonaldwalsch.com has some wonderful video under wisdomflashes.

Peace,

Sheri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit