Sentimental Mood

by MerryMagdalene 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

(reminisces of good ole days - I guess you had to be there, on they tropical cyber-island)
    (gently caresses the "shift" key, while undressing the nine and zero keys with his eyes)
    (validates story with similar tale of nostalgia)

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I appreciate you all so much and it's wonderful to have people to share the memories with, good and bad...

9 thinks how good it is to be understood 0

9 hugs all around 0

9 kisses too 0

~Merry

• prophecor
    prophecor

Certainly a bit disconcerting, sweet Merry. I often look back at how protected I felt as a teen, when first coming to the truth. Wrapped in a protective security blanket, the rest of the world could never hurt, scare or harm me again. Then the day when I couldn't hold on to the truth. For 17 years, I struggled out there in the real world, always looking over my shoulder, wondering where it was that I would be struck dead. Knowing that my only place in life was Jehovah's ( WTBTS ) Organization, I was worse than those who as they, and scripture described as those who never knew Jehovah. Then one day, I made it. I crossed the border between death and life. I finally effectively, mechanically routed out some of the unwholsome characterological defects, long enough in order that I might be baptized. Then came the long walk off a short pier. I fell away, again. After waiting 17 years and falling out within 18 months, I was beneath where I started. Thankfully there was more to the story than had been told to me. I walked around in an ocean of guilt, shame and fear for another 10 years, and somehow found all of you. YOU make the difference between night and day. I never knew about the struggles and troubled water below the fanatical WTBTS. I never really could see anything from being so close up and disillusioned. Amazing how our eyes see when they become accustomed to the dark, when the lights go dim, as opposed to what you can't see staring you square in the face in the bold of light. Oblivious to the Blatantly Obvious is a symptom of our ignorance to the truth about the truth.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tij:
    I've just re-read your post and realised that you mentioned Mike Reid (the lack of capitalization caused my eye to skip over the name, I think).

Hasn't he got re-married recently?
    He can tend to be withdrawn, though get him in front of the TV for a football match, or get a whiskey in his hand and a situation where he's comfortable to crack jokes, and he's a scream. I wonder if he tries to put the "C.O front" on, when in public, though.

He stayed with us, when he was on our circuit, so I got to know him rather well. He was one of the bad boys of Bethel in the early 60s

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

little toe

yeah mike read..dont know what the position is with regard to his girlf...there are as usual different stories doing the rounds...some saying its all off...some saying hes engaged..so dont know and past caring

but i got on fine with him even though he can be a challenge..conversation wise..when we were doing up our house in airdrie he was not doing circuit work (cos fell out with london branch) so came and rewired our house and along with other bros who were doing joinery plumbing decorating etc etc it was like a mini quick build..twas great fun..and mike would often have us rofl as he regailed us with stories of circuit work and bethel shenannigans...which is why it is even more strange that he didnt even inquire as to my well doing

my guess is he knows the answer to any question he is going to ask...so avoids the question cos he and others cant do anything or wont do anything about it...quite quite sad really

bygones

(9 tijkmo- of the also missing the witty banter and repartee that was our parenthesi strewn paradise class 0)

(and doesnt understand how this forum is not for the likes of that)

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

(sneaks in to give tij and LT and Merry warm hugs and big smoochies)

(wipes a tear from her eye as she heads out the door)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit