Does It Mean One Religion?

by Honesty 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shawn
    Shawn

No need to apologize. God luckily has the power to use even Satan's tools to his own ends. We see that daily with JWs coming to know Christ. These are sometimes people who have no knowledge of God and were introduced (however distorted) to him by the WTS.

In God's time all will be revealed and the WTS will fall.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

For what it's worth to you, Ephesians was not written by Paul. It is likely a rework of Colossians possibly utilizing parts of Marcions' letter to the Laodiceans. The verse in discussion is generally felt to be a litergy recited by initiates. The 7 'ones' appear to be used as a call for unity in a divided church. It is really impossible to be certain just what the author was intending to say by using it in this context. The "one baptism", if taken strictly literal, is in conflict with the notion of varied baptisms in other Pauline and post Pauline works.

• toreador
    toreador

I used to think so.

• M.J.
  • M.J.
    M.J.

Come join the one true church, will you not? Become part of the body...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

No I don't see it as one religion - religion & faith are as far apart as any 2 of the furtherest galaxies can be.

You don't have to have religion to believe / have faith in God.

• jomac
    jomac

One faith with many branches, those truly close to God being those known for kindness to others at times even when it has meant giving up their own comfort or lives. In Paul's time there were already branches. The Corinthians were noted for using ecstatic expressions and languages (tongues), the Bereans for continuously examining the scriptures, etc. If you are a "Christian" then saying you are is empty comparing to acting the role which comes with doing. Ask ourselves, "how many hungry people did I feed in the past six months?" seven times more often than "how many meetings did I attend?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit