Does It Mean One Religion?

by Honesty 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

At Ephesians 4:5 reference is made to 'one faith'. Does this mean the faith of one religion or denomination or does it mean all united in one faith, that is faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior regardless of the denomination or religion?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

There is a unifying understanding which shows up periodically in all religions which realizes that the word "God" points to an INFINITE and unbound Source in which everything and everyone is EQUALLY included. This understanding could be reflected in the scripture mentioned. Or not.

However, as long as we tenaciously reduce Truth/God/ Divinity, down to a specific deity, or faith, or belief, then the true and infinite nature of God remains alien and obscure to us. This, is the price paid for our personal little Jesus, Yahweh/Jehovah, Allah, whatever.

As in times past, few today seem to have the desire to surrender their tiny false gods, for the Infinite true GOD.

j

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I don't think religion is what it's about

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

it seems to me one faith. You see over the many years of time I now realize that religion is profitable. Having this faith knowing God is among us all, that's all is required.

What's more the many people asked Him(Christ) a question....."Then they said to Him, What shall we do, that we may work the works of God? Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."John 6:28-29...........

So many people think they must be approved by God, so they go out and work for their salvation.What Paul said in Galatians 3: 11 clearly states....."But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God, is evident for the just shall live by faith."

And here's one more......."For by Gace you have been saved through faith and not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, least anyone should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9....

So in part having faith in God is sufficient. Oh.....you think Grace with faith isn't sufficient?

Paul says it's enough.........."And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." II Corinthians 12:9.

PEACE

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

it seems to me one faith. You see over the many years of time I now realize that religion is profitable. Having this faith knowing God is among us all, that's all is required.

What's more the many people asked Him(Christ) a question....."Then they said to Him, What shall we do, that we may work the works of God? Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."John 6:28-29...........

So many people think they must be approved by God, so they go out and work for their salvation.What Paul said in Galatians 3: 11 clearly states....."But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God, is evident for the just shall live by faith."

And here's one more......."For by Gace you have been saved through faith and not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, least anyone should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9....

So in part having faith in God is sufficient. Oh.....you think Grace with faith isn't sufficient?

Paul says it's enough.........."And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." II Corinthians 12:9.

PEACE

• Flash
    Flash

From its begining there has only been one true Christian faith. All the others have been, and are, Satanic imposters designed to cause us to fall. (2Corinthians 11: 12-15 and 2Thessalonians chapter 2)

• Shawn
    Shawn

Flash, I think you are being a little harsh. While some church's are possibly not houses of God there are many of different denominations that are. They all serve a purpose in God's plans. I have seen and know people who have went to a church that was not very Godly and it inspired them to go to a more faith based church and be truly saved.

Forgive me if I am misreading your post. To me God works in ways that we cannot comprehend. Sometimes that involves religions that are not truly godly. They are a path to Christ IMHO.

• Shawn
    Shawn

I re-read the thread and I retract my last post. I was think religion not faith. Yes there is only one true FAITH.

All you need to know about it can be read in ONE book. All you need to do is pray for understanding and read away, talk to friends and accept what it tells you. Love Christ and Thank Him for giving his life so you could have a chance at yours.

It's funny how simple a thing it is to be a Christian and it is something the nearly all Christians can agree upon yet the WTS does not see the unity. I don't mean to say that being a Christian is easy, it isn't, I mean to say that the fundamentals of Christianity are present in nearly every denomination and the cannot change.

Everyone searching for an answer has access to it but most cannot see it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Obviously Paul meant the gospel or good news he was preaching, Christ as the resurrected Messiah, freedom and eternal life through him, the end of the mosaic law despite what the judaizers were saying.

• Flash
    Flash
    Forgive me if I am misreading your post. To me God works in ways that we cannot comprehend. Sometimes that involves religions that are not truly godly. They are a path to Christ IMHO.

Hi Shawn

I try not to be, or come off harsh, yet that is the problem with the printed word, it can often be misread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit