Would you go?

by Mysterious 34 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11

Ya' But they probably wouldn't like it, I'd probably be asked to leave. LOL

It would have to be someone really close or an old best friend.

• Es
    Es

I think i would go if it was my parents funeral as they are still very much in the truth but other than them no i would not go. es

• JW83
    JW83

I would go if it was someone I formerly cared about & who hadn't actively shunned me!! I went a couple of years ago for a friend who died in her late 30s. It was so tragic & I needed to go to pay my respects. It was in a funeral home but was given by the dubs. To go to an actual kh it would have to be someone pretty special!!

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

I was graciously allowed to go to my fathers funeral the KH. Even if the elders made a stink, I'd have gone anyways. I don't think Ill be welcomed back soon tho... My mom says I can't go to her wedding unless I am reinstated. No biggie, I missed the first one she had to my dad, maybe I can crash the reception with my brother IP_SEC

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Would you go to a funeral at a kingdom hall? And if you'd go what would it take to get you there? Would it have to be someone that is very close family or just an acquaintance?

I dont know that JW funerals really off ther much closer and point blank I can not think of a single person I would go to the hall for. I simply do not need the JW preachy ceremony to say goodbye to anyone. A private funeral at a funeral home would be another story entirely for me.

I wouldnt want to be seen like I dont care about those left behind but I simply would not want to go..

Yes I would go to a funeral at a Kingdom Hall. I have family still in and our of love and respect I certainly would go.

I've been to too many funerals over the years at the Kingdom Halls and I never cared much for them compared to several funerals I attended at different Churches I honestly felt more comfort and hope after being at other religious services compared to Jehovah Witness funerals. And I was a JW at those times, go figure. They always left me feeling sadder and without much hope.

The ones I attended for my grandparents at their Baptist Services (different years) was absolutely beautiful I'm so glad I attended them it was such a comfort to me personally. My very large family is made up of several faiths and it was truly a loving service plus the Pastor knew my grandparents well and gave so many personal experiences of them over the decades he knew them it was very touching to see and feel his love for such wonderful people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit