Wolverines, Sociopaths

by patio34 23 Replies latest social relationships

• patio34
    patio34

Hi,

I've been doing some reading about sociopaths or people who have "antisocial personality disorder." One book states 1 in 25 people are sociopathic.

This basically means someone without a conscience facility. Someone who cannot empathsize with others. Since it's 4% of the population, then everyone has some dealing with at least one sociopath.

There's a range of severity of the personality.

In wartime, they're absolutely essential as assassins, etc., because it truly doesn't bother them to do what they have to do.

In peaceful normal relations, they're a disaster!

Here are some characteristics:

1. manipulative, cunning, conning
    2. parasitic lifestyle
    3. no remorse under any circumstances, unless it's to get their way in something
    4. Prone to rages (tantrums) when not getting their way
    5. Dr. Jekyl - Mr Hyde trait
    6. Changes circle of friends, marital partners, lovers frequently (new victims!)
    7. Seek to dominate everyone around them
    8. Sees life and people as a game. They see other people as toy robots there to assist them in their game. No empathy
    9. No deep emotions such as love. Very shallow in their emotions

Corporations, politicians, cult leaders also display these characteristics often. It's very interesting the stats on them. For instance, they account for 4% of a general population, 20% of prisoners and of those 20%, they're responsible for 50% of the crime. This is because, of course, they have no conscience, empathy, and feel entitled to do what they please.

Well, anyway, know anyone? I do and am glad I've read up on it to defend myself (and what's left of my money!!). The title includes wolverine because that's how I've always characterized this person: someone who instantly becomes very vicious so that people are generally fearful of interacting. That's how I understand wolverines are in nature.

Pat

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I see some of these characteristics in my 14 year old nephew. I often wonder how he'll turn out as an adult as he seems to never feel genuine regret or remorse over anything, and he never hesitates for a second to tell a complete lie if it will result in his advantage. It seems like it goes a little beyond childish behavior or troublesome adolescence, I think he's a budding narcissist of the first order. He's a good-looking kid and will probably always have women enablers in his life.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Dan,

That reminds me of another characteristic: they seem 50% born that way. Many Asian countries have a tenth the rate of the US and this is attributable to cultures. They strongly encourage family and community ties and this tends to bring a sociopath more in line. But the US has kind of an individualistic style and do-your-own-thing. This is the last thing a sociopath (also called a psychopath too) needs!

One criteria for deciding is that it's obvious in childhood and then they get into trouble in their teen years or are hard to corral. Some are violent, but most are not. They almost never seek therapy, because they don't see a problem.

Pat

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

When i built my site this was the first page up The Watchtower is run by psychopaths

Know all bout em

• Sith
    Sith

Very interesting, Patio. I'll have to look further into it. My soon to be ex exhibits at least 6 of the characteristics you listed. I never realized she might be a sociopath. I just thought she was a bitch.

• delilah
    delilah

You have just described my mother-in-law to the letter, and, I might add, her entire family....evil, preditory, yup! She's definitely a wolverine...We've had nothing to do with her for well over 9 years now, and it's great. We don't need her kind of negative energy in our lives. She is not a nice woman, she has no concept of what "love" really means, and she never will. She only knows how to manipulate, lie, cheat, steal, and cause great harm to anyone she comes into contact with. It's sad really, I would hate to be like that.....She is incredibly mean with children, also. Almost like she is jealous of their innocence or something?! And every few years, they move, to a new congregation, so they can begin their predatory behaviour all over again in new territory. They claim to be good JW's, and boy, do they rook the some of the JW's they come in contact with.. talk about your sheep in wolves clothing....

Delilah

• Sirona
    Sirona

I know a man who fits that description. He is very good at turning on the emotion in order to manipulate, but never, ever does anything nice for anyone. He hurts family and has very few friends. He is like a social robot - always acting in the "proper" manner but underneath it all he simply manipulates everyone around him. Seeing someone cry because of what he does has ZERO effect on him.

Sirona

• DannyHaszard
  • sweet tee
    sweet tee

I know of one for certain - even diagnosed by a psychiatrist as 'narcissistic'. He has no respect for human life whatsoever. He has finally come around to 'acting' like a nicer person but I know that deep down nothing has really changed. He's just putting on for the sake of his own survival.

There is another guy I suspect of being a sociopath also. What's ironic is that some of these types seem to love their immediate families. That is - as long as they don't stand in the way of the psycho getting what they want!

• patio34
    patio34

Isn't it miserable to deal with one of these people? Actually, once you're aware of what they are, the general advice seems to be "don't deal with these people!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit