What books have made you cry?

by Fe2O3Girl 26 Replies latest jw friends

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

"Fall down on your knees"

I couldnt put it down...it was weird...sad..crazy

one of the characters in the book made the statement something like this (may not be exact) " you can't tell men everything...there are some things that men should not know... they are like children...they can't handle certain information....there are things in life that is women's work" That statement is so true.

• nowisee
    nowisee

(hey doug! way to go. welcome.)

the bible makes me cry all the time.

other than that....it has been a long time since i had a really good cry from a book.

don't laugh, but when i read "love story" by erich segal in one sitting and finished at 2 a.m. i cried for the rest of the night.

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

Cold Mountain had me bawling. I love a good cry over a book. it's so rare that you can feel such a deep emotion without it being devastating to your personal life. kind of like a good exercise for the tear ducts.

• nilfun
    nilfun

There are a lot of tear jerkers out there, aren't there?

A recently read one is The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

An old favorite would be The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Books that deal with loss/hope/freedom/grace/joy pretty much make me cry all the time. Hell I even cried at the end of Lord of the Rings when Frodo had to leave for the Undying Lands.....

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i am david

cant remember who wrote it... read it as a school boy

editted to add..just googled it and its by anne holm...and they made a film

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Thanks for all the replies. It is an interesting and diverse set of nominations.

It is interesting how many of you found books that moved you so deeply when you were children or teenagers. No books made me cry until I was in my twenties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit