My Mother died...

by david_10 35 Replies latest jw friends

• david_10
    david_10

Hi there Kilroy---------------you're an interesting guy: ...you know shit in due season. Now that's a line for the ages. I'll file that one away for future use. Thank you very much for your sympathy and may I return the condolences. I'm very sorry to hear about your mother------------------------whether it's been one year or four, you don't get over it, and I hope you're doing OK. I notice that you live in Michigan-----------------------I'll be up that way in a couple of weeks. I go to the Interlochen Center for the Arts every summer and work a stint for a few weeks. It's very beautiful up there in those forests near the Canadian border and I regard the time I spend there as my time of spiritual renewal. Thanks again Kilroy.

You're not rambling, Hondo--------------you're not rambling at all. Thank you for your sympathy and also for relating your own experiences. That's a real shame about your ex-wife. I wish her well, and who knows, she might wake up some day. I wish you well, also, and I thank you so much for your post.

And thank you Kim and LoverofTruth and Golden Girl----------------------------you don't know how much I appreciate your expressions. You have all touched me deeply.

David

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

David_10,

Sorry about your loss.

DY

• melmac
    melmac

I am sorry for your loss, too. Unlike Jdubs, we know this is not a time to preach, but to respect other people's sorrow.

• david_10
    david_10

Hello, Doubtfully Yours and Melmac--------------------------------you're both very kind. Thank you. David

• Stradman
    Stradman

Hello David.

I am terribly sorry for what happened to your mother. I too had to say “hasta luego” to mine a couple of years back. She was a devout catholic. She was a holy woman.

The problem that I see here, without the intension of offending you or whatever you believe at this point in time, is that leaving the organization as if it was the last bastion of faith left on earth, can lead to a tremendous disillusionment with God himself. That in my opinion is the biggest problem with Ray Franz and his books. For all the good he has done in exposing the falsehood of the WTBTS, he failed in helping others see the real Christ and the operation of the Holy Spirit in the lives of the born again person.

You have to remember that Ray did not want to leave the organization and did everything he could to stay inside. The Society had to kick him out and was then that he wrote “Crisis.” Obviously, Ray is free to do what he wants. I believe that what he really wanted was a “reform” and keeping a lot of the core doctrinal baggage somewhat intact.

So when you broke the news to your dear mother, it was the end of the road for her. Had you presented her with the reality of Jesus and the fact that He was there for her and she could continue to serve God with a greater understanding and purpose, things may have gone differently. I agree that we should never expose the truth if are not prepared to handle the fallout. The various scenarios of the possible consequences need serious exploration. If we do not have a sound plan to comfort the person and lead them to Christ, is my opinion, are best left where they are. Hind sight is 20/20, as the old clique goes. Don’t kill yourselves rehashing what could have been done. I think going back to the Hall may have been even more painful. Your mother just knew too much.

As to her eternal future, I just may say that the God of the Bible is just and above all loving. He knows all the facts and will reward all according to our deeds.

Free in Christ

Stradman

• TheListener
    TheListener

I just wanted to offer my condolences David. I've always felt that when a loved one dies they take a small piece of us with them.

The society puts everything in a neat little package. Once we unravel it we realize that it's just an empty box. I know what you mean about not destroying someone's reality when they will lose so much and gain so little. It's important though, that you're mother passed knowing that you loved her and she loved you. Love is what allows us to continue on even after suffering loss and heartache.

Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit