Comments You Will Not Hear at the 6-5-05 WT Study (Resurrection)

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garybuss
    garybuss

I asked my Witness dad what he thought now that we can see everything he believed as a Witness has been proved wrong. He said, "I couldn't have had a better life.".

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thanks again Blondie.

I remember you telling me how rough some of these wt reviews can be. You make look so easy at times, and yet, you are so good at catching the wt. in the double talk, and guilt.

• Flash
    Flash
    Over the years the WTS has pinpointed also who will not be resurrected.

Adam, Eve and Judas are a given...they wont be back (Gen. 3: 3, 19, Mark 14: 21) As for everyone else, well, its one thing to speculate who 'might' and who 'might not' be, it's another thing entirely to play the JUDGE and decide who is worthy or unworthy!!!

Thanks Blondie

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"I don't want to sound too critical as I enjoy most of your posts especially on the study articles, but in this one you spend too much time picking apart every little detail. This could be done with any writing on any subject. It doesn't hurt too admit valid points even when they come from the WT.--Lot"

Every word in the WT is chosen for it's effect; you may not think so now but analyze it each week, and the manipulative use of words and the switching between the subject introduced and what is actually discussed is glaring.

Take this study; blondie hit on it many times but it bears repeating. The discussion is of the CHRISTIAN hope of resurrection; but all those discussed are pre-christian. Why? Because the overwhelming majority of JW's are excluded from christian resurrection, that is, resurrection to heavenly life with Jesus, the only resurrection mentioned in the NT scriptures. No scriptural examples exist of someone who believes in Jesus and gets resurrected to earthly life, so the focus is on the "good" examples in the hebrew scrips.

This article is even more stilted than usual. Note that Paul is described as a "staunch advocate" of resurrection, as if he could influence it. How can a mortal "advocate" resurrection?? He can be a true believer, but is poorly described as an advocate. BTW, all the "advocacy" of resurrection Paul does is HEAVENLY.

Good review, blondie. Rain and sun mixed in the northern plains this weekend; I did get my trees planted and staked though. (Like I needed more; I must have 20k trees to clean up after!)

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

So if we were to survive only as a group--what does having a strong personal relationship with Jehovah mean? remember when getting baptized was between you and Jehovah--a personal dedication? the ressurection hope is one of those special knowledge things that only members of the WT org possess that makes one feel ever so important--sounds rather silly now since I've gone away from it.

cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit