DID THE WATCHTOWER DESTROY YOUR VIEW OF HUMANITY?

by Terry 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Are ya fat? Ugly? Stupid? Do you slur your words or sound like a country bumpkin?

Do ya have fallen arches and bad breath? Is your skin itchy and do you pass gas like jalopy with a bad valve?

Don't despair! All you need is a COMPLETE OVERHAUL! Let us replace your awfulness with perfect parts! Let us make you so perfect you can laugh out loud as you watch the others who made fun of you die screaming in bewildered agony! Imagine their surprise when they discover you right about everything and they are wrong.....dead wrong.

Why? Because we can fix your befuddled brain too and fill it with so much knowledge (the special variety known as "accurate") that you'll be like a tasty cream puff chock full o' flavor!!

How? How is such a miracle possible (you ask excitedly)?

Easy. Here's how.

1.First we convince you we know what we are talking about and NOBODY else does.

a.We demonstrate the mistakes the other guys make.

b.We show you how to ridicule authority and look smart.

2.Next, we show you what an extreme loser you are now and how we can fix that.

a.We give you lessons in how to see yourself as part of a huge group of losers doomed to destruction.

b.We invite you to surrender your worthless brain and join our group of winners.

3.As a special introductory offer we are prepared to love you so much (for a trial period ONLY) that you'll actually enjoy our endless spate of boring get-togethers at the local Kingdom Hall.

a.You'll be the center of attention as we persuade, cajole, frighten and soothe you with our rhetoric.

4.Act now! This limited offer expires so soon you can't believe how close to the end we are!

a.If you don't act now you'll be face down in the street with blood running like a garden hose.

HURRY! HURRY! HURRY! YOU WORTHLESS LOSER. WE'RE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN HELP YOUR MISERABLE ASS!

Brought to you by the makers of WATCHTOWER magazine cult. (No competitor coupons accepted.)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ha ha! yes, that's pretty accurate.

did the watchtower destroy my view of humanity?

no. it confirmed it.

a.You'll be the center of attention as we persuade, cajole, frighten and soothe you with our rhetoric.
    nice.
  • Crumpet
    Crumpet
    As a special introductory offer we are prepared to love you so much (for a trial period ONLY) that you'll actually enjoy our endless spate of boring get-togethers at the local Kingdom Hall.

a.You'll be the center of attention as we persuade, cajole, frighten and soothe you with our rhetoric

This so says it all Terry!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Oh man, sounds great. Whered' I sign up.

steve

• Terry
    Terry

Oh man, sounds great. Whered' I sign up.

steve

HERE YA GO! http://nicic.org/Library/017901
  • greendawn
    greendawn

My idea for mankind was always that there are a few very good people at one extreme and a few very bad at the opposite end with most somewhere in-between. Most people wouldn't go out of their way to harm you though they are often tempted by evil ideas.

Some so called worldly people are much better than the typical JW some are much worse, you choose carefully who you associate with and keep on guard so that you don't get ripped off by con artists.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

no, it made me appreciate them more,

growing up and being told all will die at the big A, and then realizing how much good there is in people that are not JW's.

but it did destroy my view of GOD, he is definitely a big A,

• lilybird
    lilybird

I totally agree with you greendawn. There are many so-called worldy people who are kinder and more compassionate than some JWS. They don't pretend to be something that goes along with dogma from an org set up by power hungry leaders e.g.GB. There is good and bad in everyone it is up to our own personal choice ,,, which is something not allowed by the org. You have to associate with all the losers just because they call themselves JWS. When I was deep into the org, I was nervous to talk to worldly people. My mother taught me that they were all bad especially the men. I would only have a good marriage with a brother.Some of my friends who married sons of elders ended up with abusive relationships. One friend spent the night at my house in fear of returning to her house. It took me a awhile to learn to trust others outside of the org, but I love the freedom to choose who I can be friends with

• Quentin
    Quentin

On the mark.

Didn't destroy my view, just thought I was better than the rest of humanity. Thankfuly that small voice in the back of my head kept saying: this isn't right. One day I paid attention and meet some good people along the way.

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO --- They might be on to something if it weren't for the fact that they are such hypocrites . Sure the world is full of hooligans and for the most part aint worth the powder to blow to hell but man those j-dubs aint above any of it .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit