OK...wer've covered Candy..songs..cartoons..what about..

by Golden Girl 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Beaches. I break down every time the little girl is sitting at her mom's funeral and then has to pack her things and get her kitty. She seems so forlorn and abandoned.

And I know this is realllllllly silly, but I also cry at the original version of "The Parent Trap" near the end, when the divorced parents are hugging and the Mom says "Oh Mitch, it's been so long" with tears in her eyes. I get teary eyed every time--it's so sad that they loved each other and stayed apart so long. BooHoo (Grabbing a tissue) Sniff Sniff Ok I'm embarrassed now!

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake
    And I know this is realllllllly silly, but I also cry at the original version of "The Parent Trap" near the end, when the divorced parents are hugging and the Mom says "Oh Mitch, it's been so long" with tears in her eyes. I get teary eyed every time--it's so sad that they loved each other and stayed apart so long.

No, you're not silly!!! I cry at that part, and when Susan and Sharon find out they're sisters....

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I remember crying watching Ordinary People. I loved Timothy Hutton in that movie. Great cast and movie; even better than the book :)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Why would anyone in their right mind Pay to see a movie that made them sad?

Hmmmm.... I'd have to say that the last movie that made me cry was Romeo and Juliet... What possessed me to watch it in the first place, I have no idea...

J

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Thanks for the posts!..I remember a lot of those movies and they are tear jerkers!

But I haven't seen Star Wars III was it? Why would that make someone cry?

Snoozy..thinking about "Parent Trap: and that movie where Debra Winger dies at the end..with her mom there..

That's enough...

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I don't cry at movies, but I do grieve at them sometimes.

The most recent is Pelle the Conqueror,, which I saw sometime last year. It's one of those movies everyone should see once, and no one should have to see twice.

Gently Feral

• desbah
    desbah

The Notebook...I love a good love story and the book by Nicholas Sparks is excellent.

Hero...I need to go buy this movie and add it to my collection.

Reservoir Dogs...classic Tarantino, very violent ending and the famous "ear" scene is .

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Oh no! Someone mentioned "BEACHES"..here I go again..

Snoozy...

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

28 Days- It was so depressing.

• Preston
    Preston

Au Hazard Balthazar is a pretty sad movie told entirely from the standpoint of a donkey. Robert Bresson was a poet of french cinema, and this was his best work methinks. Grave of the Fireflies is a downright, sad, depressing film. It's well made but only garnered one viewing out of me. The Elephant Man is a sad film, the scene where he reads from the book of Psalms is pretty moving and for some reason that scene in The Godfather...Brando's death scene sometimes brings me to tears whenever I see it. I think secretely, everyone wanted the Godfather as their father...

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit