Have you ever tried explaining judicial committee to a non-witness?

by TooOpinionated 12 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

What outsiders will find very strange is that they go by a secret book (with unknown to the public rules) when they judge people. Nobody knows how exactly they reach their decisions and no explanations are given.

In addition they don't give a toss for people having emotional problems when they have to be judged. Some suicides could result.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It's because the cannot relate to the witnesses, 'cos they don't have the same structures in place. I mean when I tell people about committee cases, disfellowshiping & the lies they have told, they just cannot grasp it and think it's just a matter of snapping your fingers and you can leave. they also don't understand the huge relief once you are out.

• carla
    carla

I've never been jw, but even with all my research and reading so many stories, I still can't comprehend it sometimes. And when I read posts where someone has been out for such a long time, family doesn't talk to them anyway, why be upset by getting the letter? I have such a hard time even trying to explain jw's at all much less get into the judicial stuff! People think I am making stuff up!! Even family. Until they see something in the newspaper or hear somone else tell some kind of jw experience. Luckily my parents read C of C book and some jw book from the library. And most in the family are now starting to see the changes in husband. sad. carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit